Replacing Front "Mesh" Grill - Brand New 2016 Spark

Hi,

New to forum and was not sure where to post...so I thought this may be appropriate.

I bought a brand new Chevy Spark LS last week for my daughter.  Her third day of driving today and she bumps into another motorist while reaching for her back pack. Doh!

License plate bracket is shot and there is some minor damage to the "mesh" area of the plastic grill near the top of the bracket.  Unless you were looking for it, you'd never notice.

However, I would like to replace it.  I was wondering if changing the front replacement grill is something I could do myself?

Does it simply snap it?  Or are screw involved?

If I need to repost this in another area please let me know....thanks!

right bumper.jpg

leftbumper.jpg

OK..I replied to the other words you posted..but now that I see the pix..That mesh is a separate item and does look easy to install now that I looked it up here is the link:

http://www.iamgmparts.com/auto-parts/2016/chevrolet/spark/lt-trim/1-4l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/grille-and-components-scat

Edited by Retired old Gearhead

Thanks for the help.  The link is exactly what I needed.  It shows one bolt?  I wonder if that is all I need?

There is a small 3" x 3" area just to the left of the grill (same color as the car) which looks like it pries open somehow? Regardless, does the grill just pop out? Similar to removing a door panel?

Or does the entire front bumper need to be removed?

Thanks again for the link....

Edited by Lamf77

Nope just the grill and screw is kinda hidden from view...once unscrewed push/pull out old grill... insert new and replace screw...simple, but if you have an issue get a mechanic or car guy friend to help. The car colored 3x3 is for a towing hook to be installed as required in Europe...not applicable to USA so don't pry that off as it easily breaks the clips.

I think there is a little area of about 3 x 3 inches to the left of the grill.  IT is the same blue color as the car, but looks like it opens somehow.  Is the screw there on the front?  Or under the hood.  I am sure when I order the part I will see where it is located. I saw a video with a GM vehicle where they had to remove the entire front of the car...did not want to go there.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Lamf77 said:

I think there is a little area of about 3 x 3 inches to the left of the grill.  IT is the same blue color as the car, but looks like it opens somehow.  Is the screw there on the front?  Or under the hood.  I am sure when I order the part I will see where it is located. I saw a video with a GM vehicle where they had to remove the entire front of the car...did not want to go there.

Thanks!

On 12/10/2016 at 8:19 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

Nope just the grill and screw is kinda hidden from view>under the hood...once unscrewed push/pull out old grill... insert new and replace screw...simple, but if you have an issue get a mechanic or car guy friend to help. The car colored 3x3 is for a towing hook to be installed as required in Europe...not applicable to USA so don't pry that off as it easily breaks the clips.

Edited by Retired old Gearhead
  • 1 month later...

Hey I have a similar situation, but with a 2013 Spark... maybe this is a dumb question, but does the grill install the same way for the 2013? I know I have to get a different part, I think I figured that much out haha

(http://www.iamgmparts.com/chevrolet/spark/95078760/2013-year/lt-trim/1-2l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/grille-and-components-scat/?part_name=center-grille)

• 4 years later...
On 12/7/2016 at 4:34 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

OK..I replied to the other words you posted..but now that I see the pix..That mesh is a separate item and does look easy to install now that I looked it up here is the link:

http://www.iamgmparts.com/auto-parts/2016/chevrolet/spark/lt-trim/1-4l-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/grille-and-components-scat

I know I am resurrecting a ridiculously old discussion but as it's the exact same question perhaps the op is still valid: any chance you have another link as iamgmparts.com No longer exists. Annoyingly there is not even a YouTube video showing where the screw is So apparently those of us who have broken the grill with rocks, or perhaps someone kicking the hell out of the car, are in the minority :lol:

Edited by StSin
Clarity