Reduced Power & Traction Control Light On

I drive a 2014 Spark with about 33,000 miles on it. I was at an intersection this morning, and when I went to accelerate, my reduced power and traction control light came on. Luckily I was a few hundred feet from work, so I was able to coast into the parking lot. I live in Phoenix, so its not like its cold enough for it to have an affect on it. Is this something that will take care of itself if I let it sit while I'm at work (like a flooded engine or something)? I've never had this issue, so I'm not sure what to do!

Depends , some issues are resolved by a restart and may or may not happen again . Other times It's something else . I have had both scenarios happen on my 13 Spark including a pedal sensor failure . Parts are inexpensive so that's a positive . Were you driving on anything slick or hit a bump ? The traction light will come on and reduce power but if your getting the actual low power mode light then you may have an issue .

Edited by sparkfanatic
  • 1 year later...

Had it happen again with the P0705 code so had the PNP switch replaced recently hoping to fix the issue  and still happen twice after that . A restart always fixes it till it happens again . It’s actually worse I feel since replacing the switch as it’s happened twice within last 3-4000 miles . If it continues I’ll have to see the dealer and hope they have some better info on a repair or think about trading it even though I love the car . 

• 1 year later...

I have a 2014 Chevy Spark that I recently had taken to the mechanic to change the head gasket. It started once or twice it when I came to pick it up it wouldn't start. So 2 batteries, ignition switch, two relays, a starter, and a throttle body later and still it won't start. Everything in the car, all the lights the windows work but it won't crank. At first it would click but now it won't do that. The light that comes on is the reduced engine power and when I change the relays around that light will go off and the TCS off light comes on.

The codes that came up are:

P0685 eng. Control ign. Relay circuit

P0686 eng. Control ign. Relay low volt.

P0689 same as p0686

P0597 Eng. Coolant thermo. Heater control

P0615 starter relay control circuit

P0617 starter relay control circuit high volt

P0641 5v reference 1 circuit

P0452 fuel tank sensor low volt.

P0532 a/c pressure sensor

P1682 ign. 1 switch circuit 2

Some maybe old cuz the car hasn't started since the mechanic changed the battery the first time. He also changed a header and the ignition switch. I changed the battery again and the starter and the 2 relays and throttle body. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated! I have put 3000$ in fixing this car with no luck.