Hello,

New to the forum, this is my 2nd post (first being my introduction)

I have used the search, and google, and just browsed the forums and I did not find what I was looking for, my apologies if this is a repeat.

I am looking at buying a 2015 Spark (2016+ is out of the question, unfortunately).

I have some questions, mainly regarding MyLink and general phone connections.

I know Apple Carplay and Android Auto are not available, and from what I hear an integrated backup cam is not coming either. (correct me if I am wrong)

With MyLink, what apps are available to integrate the phone to the head unit. Pandora aside, because it is not available in Canada. I just want to know ahead of time if I am going to be able to do some cool stuff, or just end up doing bluetooth streaming from my phone.

Also: I use both an iPhone and an Android phone, I use Google Play on both phones as my music player (I will switch to whatever works best with the car), I plan on getting OnStar, I am usually very longwinded (sorry). I am buying this car primarly because it the best head unit in my price range, and OnStar phone app is right up my (geeky) alley.

Thank you in advance. 

• 1 month later...

you could also just buy a spark with the basic sound system and then buy a kenwood or pioneer radio that supports both carplay and android auto(I recommend kenwood if you are constantly going back and forth between the two), and then have exactly what you want instead of having to work around stuff to try to get it close to how you want to use it.

The mylink system isn't the best, truthfully.  I switch between both iphone and android and the system is too glitchy for me.  I plug either one of my phones into the usb port and anytime the chord moves or jiggles, it will disconnect from my phone.  

I've unlocked the mylink to run mirrorlink with my android phone and the system has showed me a pop-up saying that it is running low on memory.  

The bluetooth microphone isn't the greatest either.  A lot of people on the other end say that they can barely hear me and I'm talking pretty loud.  Lol.  I face the microphone and yell at it sometimes so people can hear me.  Not sure if there is a fix for it.

I would follow what 1LoudLS suggest and get a basic model then install a nice aftermarket head unit.

I mean I can respect keeping the OEM radio if its good, and for Spacecowboy's system and use it was fine, but when you are saying that you are picking this car BECAUSE of the radio that doesn't do what you would like, keeping it just doesn't make as much sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...

its actually extremely easy to design a great OEM infotainment system...   you dont!   you let the people who do it the best do it for you. at this point, its silly for any OEM car system not to support CarPlay or Android Auto. that is most drivers out there.

pay them what ever licensing fee they ask then save the money from having to have your guys figure it out.  

the Mylink is so close to being real good, I will say that its a good bit better than anything Ford's Sync2  systems have.  it would probably be enough to keep me from changing it out as it does have a good clean sound that can easily be worked with.