I just bought (like two days ago) a 2014 Chevy Spark from drivetime, and it only came with a single key, and it is not a manufacturer key. So now, when my car is locked and I use the key to unlock the door, the alarm goes off. What is the quickest way to remedy this problem until I can purchase keys to be cut and programmed?

• 1 year later...

If you have bought a used car? Hmm, 1st thing to have original pair of keys. Indeed, when I bought mine I asked same with dealer (Truevalue run by Maruti Suzuki India). That time I was told of single key, I just simply told them that before final payment I need both else scrap the deal. Reason, with normal dealer, atleast I can't trust them, in one morning my bought car is gone (in 60 sec. with original key not given to me). Infact such a case already noticed.

Now why alarm on unlock, I assume the 2014 model have engine immobilizer so aftermarket makeshift key given to you could be missing the chip and car don't recognise the key.

• 5 weeks later...

I got a new key from dealer that was chipped because my key got stolen. They wanted me to toe my car there and pay labor for them to program or pay a locksmith to come out and program it. This worked so glad i looked online.

Screenshot_20180115-190617.png