dear forum, i just wanted to share my experience with the test drive i did today.

i went to impex lebanon and did a test drive 2016 LS auto CVT, it had about 8900 km on odo and i must say i was quite impressed. just note that i drive my wife's micra 2015 so i'll compare it.

1- ride comfort  way better

2- cabin noise @ 100kph  minimal considering a hatchback.

3-CVT  impressive performance smooth shifts no hesitations. you feel that the car understands your demands

4- steering is very good

5-audio sounds very clear

conclusion i would definetly buy it.

i will keep you updated.

• 7 months later...

my driving is mostly in town, and many times there is slow traffic conditions. if i lived in the country, I might have opted for manual tranny. the cvt in my 2017 LS is very good and fun to drive. but when the car is loaded with people and the A/C is on, I noticed the tranny trying to rev up the engine at slow speeds. Above 20 mph, it is pretty normal.

By the user info 2017 cvt owners are giving, sounds like the CVT issues have been mostly ironed out..mind you, the new flat torque engine helps as CVT's needs that torque more so to choose and engage a set of ratio's where conventional tranny's are mostly RPM dependent. "I noticed the tranny trying to rev up the engine at slow speeds."..ya, that's exactly the way a CVT should work..choosing the right gear ratio for load.

On 8/25/2016 at 3:52 AM, Abdul Hafiz Al Masri said:

3-CVT  impressive performance smooth shifts no hesitations. you feel that the car understands your demands.

I have a 2014 cvt and even with all the quirks of that car I still prefer it over a geared gm automatic, the cvt responds way better and faster to driver input than any stock gm automatic that i have tried. 

I love driving manual cars, but I went with the cvt to fight traffic, and it was a great choice in my opinion.