Just picked up a 2013 LS

Hey everyone, I just picked up a 2013 Spark LS, silver ice manual. It has 55k on it. I just had the dealer I bought it from Tint the Windows. It's a one owner clean car fax. It looks like all the recalls are done. The A/C blows cold constant and I know that's a know issue from what Ive been reading. I'll keep an eye out for the PCV also. I just bought a kinivo hands free Bluetooth adapter for my iPhone to listen to pandora and for calls. I'd like to at least upgrade the front speakers and not spend a fortune. Any good cheap recommendations? This car is going to be my daily driver since I'm retiring my 09 B5 blue Challenger SRT-8 that's very modified and makes well over 600hp from daily driving. So far after a day of driving the Spark I like it a lot and it's not bad with the 5 speed. 

Welcome to the forum Mike! Sounds like you picked up a good one...just go to the GM site, punch in your VIN a make sure the PCV recall was done..that's the only major one on the 2013's. I almost bought the SRT-8, but my wife said she would not get into it or drive it and was totally against it due to the power..so ended up buying a Range Rover Sport...also has over 500HP, but she liked it and claimed it was a more sensible purchase because it is super quiet inside, easy driver..never told her it has almost as much HP as the SRT-8 and concentrated on admiring the nice tan leather and safety features like the big tires and hands free phone sitting high and airbags....(same as the SRT...ha)..We now find the Spark is more fun to drive and only use the big Rover for longer trips. Can't beat the Spark for parking and handling in tight areas.

Thanks Retired, I've been reading on here a lot of good stuff so far. I also see your posts are very informative as well. Your Range Rover sounds like a beast! I love my SRT, I drive it yesterday for the first time since I bought the Spark that thing  is a real beast!! I will go on the GM website and put my VIN and check it out thanks!

22 hours ago, mikes09srt8 said:

Thanks Retired, I've been reading on here a lot of good stuff so far. I also see your posts are very informative as well. Your Range Rover sounds like a beast! I love my SRT, I drive it yesterday for the first time since I bought the Spark that thing  is a real beast!! I will go on the GM website and put my VIN and check it out thanks!

My wife may read your post as she infrequently drops in...so my Rover is NOT a beast...that was why I was allowed to buy a high HP vehicle because it is not a beast like the SRT..The fast acceleration comes from the many gear ranges in the auto tranny and light weight aluminum body ....RIGHT?! Anyways..she is more interested in the nice leather interior and the quiet drive...still a bugger to park in tight areas.

• 1 month later...

I now have just over 100Kmi on our 2013-auto tranny and I know of one Pizza driver where the car is driven by multiple drivers who has over 180Kmi with no real issues and I have seen him come and go from our house and he drives that thing foot to the floor! So, with some nice synthetic oil, some fast runs to keep things clean and tires at 42psi..no reason not to exceed 100Kmi...

On 8/20/2016 at 7:19 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

We now find the Spark is more fun to drive and only use the big Rover for longer trips. Can't beat the Spark for parking and handling in tight areas.

RoG, I'm having the same sort of idea lately. I recently traded in my old Jeep to CarMax, so the Spark is currently our only car. It's not been a problem in the least - we actually used it quite a bit during a recent move to haul small loads of stuff before renting a truck for the big loads and the furniture. And we've taken the Spark on one road trip already, with two more soon to come, so it's proven quite the able companion.

However, because I also enjoy a larger car for long trips, I'm still planning to get something like a Mercury Grand Marquis or Buick Lucerne as a second vehicle. I just enjoy the ride of those big old boats. So ideally, I can have one of the smallest and one of the largest cars on the road in my driveway at the same time. Seems reasonable, right?

Welcome to the Spark life, Mike, and cheers!

Duncan :)

HaHa...I just posted something similar in reply to your 1.4-Turbo swap post..I had not yet read this post. Ya.. When I retired we got the Spark and it was my first micro car. Makes trips to the tight, high traffic streets and tiny parking spots in Miami Beach so much more enjoyable...park almost anywhere and squeeze thru lanes and tight traffic...handles so well in those conditions that I would never do without a tiny car again..