I have a 2015, and had the mylink recal done. And now i cant get my phone to fully link. Bluetooth will only link if i prompt it on the screen, and normally  after failing once, making me select the phone. 

Annnnd now its saying system doesnt support speech. But the bat will pop up on my phone prompting me to speak at it. 

(Or it will pop up when i have the phone unlocked)

Im running an andoid with marshmellow, and im not aure if this is a car error or a phone error. But i know the update they rolled out wasnt the smoothest and had to go back in to get all the buttons to work.

12 hours ago, VegasSpark said:

I have a 2015, and had the mylink recal done. And now i cant get my phone to fully link. Bluetooth will only link if i prompt it on the screen, and normally  after failing once, making me select the phone. 

Annnnd now its saying system doesnt support speech. But the bat will pop up on my phone prompting me to speak at it. 

(Or it will pop up when i have the phone unlocked)

Im running an andoid with marshmellow, and im not aure if this is a car error or a phone error. But i know the update they rolled out wasnt the smoothest and had to go back in to get all the buttons to work.

If the 'MyLink' was working before the recall why have the recall done? Also could be that a small piece of the marshmellow got into the phone?

My radio does the same thing, except I haven't done the recall yet.  My iphone connects fine, speech recognition works perfectly.  My android connects fine, but it says that it doesn't support speech recognition.  Maybe you have to install an app similair to Siri?

8 hours ago, Retired old Gearhead said:

If the 'MyLink' was working before the recall why have the recall done? Also could be that a small piece of the marshmellow got into the phone?

They did it when it was in for the transmission. The recall popped up while they had it in the shop.

6 hours ago, b00duh said:

My radio does the same thing, except I haven't done the recall yet.  My iphone connects fine, speech recognition works perfectly.  My android connects fine, but it says that it doesn't support speech recognition.  Maybe you have to install an app similair to Siri?

It supported speech before the recall. But it also went through a softwear update while I didnt have my car. Though my SO's phone has no problem connecting to his Nissan. 

I just had the MyLink recall work done on my 2015 Spark 1LT Manual last week while it was at the dealer for regular maintenance, and I've noticed the same issue- Bluetooth won't connect to phone automatically, but it connects when I do it manually in the connection settings. However, it could be that the "auto connect" isn't working because it has the same profile for my phone that was stored in the radio since before it was in the shop. The software update for the recall may have had some impact on the Bluetooth functionality. It might help to delete all phones from the radio and go back through the entire pairing process from scratch. I haven't tried that yet, but I will do that and let you know if it resolves the issue.

Edited by AwesomeDale
  • 3 weeks later...