Deactivating some features on my '15 Spark

I purchased my first-ever new car, a 2015 Chevy Spark, at a dealer clearance event four months ago.  I bought it because it was the least expensive vehicle with a stick shift that I could find.  I could have done without all the technology, however (Blue tooth? Sirius XM?? OnStar??? I'll never use any of those. Back-up camera, really?  Just turn around and LOOK out the back when reversing)  But the two features that REALLY drive me crazy are the doors that lock automatically as soon as I put it in gear and the burglar alarm that automatically arms itself when I lock the car from the outside.  Is there a way to deactivate these, or is there somewhere I can take the car to have its computer reprogrammed?  I don't like cars that try to think for me.

Very good logic and a wise choice to get the standard tranny since the CVT's are problematic. I also like low tech and couldn't agree more on the back-up camera. The bluetooth I find handy for hands free voice activated phone calls. Not sure why you would want the doors unlocked while driving, well, unless you want to exit the car while on the freeway? You can program the way the door locks work via the touch screen settings so that the drivers door will not lock on its own or manually while the keys are in the ignition or in your purse on the seat etc..program it so it can only be locked via the key so that way you can never be locked out...not sure if you can disable the auto-lock on shift or the theft alarm.

• 2 months later...

I'm with you:

On 8/15/2016 at 9:37 AM, Andrea said:

I don't like cars that try to think for me.

There is a trend to take the thinking out of everything, including how to successfully drive.  My first car was a 1970 Gremlin with its slow manual steering and a 2/1 weight distribution.  However, riding bicycles, climbing trees, listening to elders all proved reliable in the long run, and didn't require 1000's of dollars of complication that increase the probability of a system failure.  Idiot-proofing produces idiots.  As an engineer, there are many legitimate improvements since the horseless carriage.  However, our greatest tool will always be the one between our ears.

Also:

On 8/16/2016 at 7:05 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

the CVT's are problematic

Mine works OK, but has a 1s power void (slip?) somewhere between 35-45mph on acceleration, and a drop down conflict at lower speed on deceleration.