What is your best miles per gallon

Recently I filled up and drove my Spark about 80-90 miles. According to the onboard computer display, I had managed to achieve a whopping 45.3 mpg during that part of my trip. I was driving from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach, dropping elevation of course, and filled up with gas across the SC line where gas is much cheaper.

At any rate, I was curious as to what the best mpg others may have gotten during their driving experiences.

By the way, on the return trip, only 38.5, but still better than the 37 listed. Of course, my former Corolla would have gotten the same amount of mpg, but the Spark is way more fun!!!

on LPG i make on 1 liter, 12 to 13 kilometers

and on gasoline i make on 1 liter 15 to 16 kilometers.

i recently tuned my spark with a piggyback from V-tune and installed an power filter, so i hope that it runs cheaper know. but most likely not because now it sounds like a sports car and i drive a bit more sporty. once i am used to it i'll probably will try to save full again :)

img1522197861.jpeg

Edited by weetsj
  • 4 weeks later...

My Spark 1LT is now a consistent 42.0 MPG in the mountains of Pennsylvania, mostly back and forth to work. Not much in the way of stop signs and red lights. :) My wife has a 2LT and gets about 39 MPG with a nasty mountain she has to clear to get to work, and that is with some city driving. Wifey's 2LT got 45 MPG going from Pennsylvania through New York and Ontario to Michigan and back. We are happy!

• 4 weeks later...

now with some time having the piggyback and power filter i can make on 1 liter LPG 13 - 14,5 kilometers . first it was 1 to 12-13.

I also ordered an ultra gauge witch can display 76+ possible gauges, like MPG torque, horse power etc.

I hope that it will help me to find out when to shift most effenciency.

and it's a cool thing to ofcourse. i think i will built it in, like John did with his meters: http://chevysparkforum.com/index.php?/topic/167-profiel-john-van-gelder/page-2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just did my first full to empty 80T/20H (every day driving, non testing..err...record breaking)

Best mileage ever 59.7 mpg (adjusted for difference from computer to pump)

Best mileage hand calculated 51.6 (50 at 50)(this was a round trip from pump to pump with very flat roads)

Edited by Smikster
  • 3 weeks later...

When I'm going around town, 35-37 is typical, but on highways (traffic dependant) I usually manage 40-43, however, on my recent trip from Los Angeles to San Diego, my little Spark registered 47.6mpg! I usually didn't go much above 65 and there were a couple patches of moderate traffic, but the lil Spark did great!

• 2 weeks later...