OK, I am on an iPhone now, the smaller brand-new one, and I put on an ad blocker called AdShaker and the site works perfectly now.. In fact  much better than the old layout.  This is my wife's iPhone and I just wanted to try it because she was complaining about all the ads of the various sites she goes to.

Did the same thing on the brand-new iPad Mini (both the iPad and the iPhone have the latest operating system 9.3.2) and it also works perfectly now. It's scales to whatever device you're using. As I mentioned in a previous post  it has always worked perfectly on my iMac (using older OS 10.9.5). On the iPad and iPhone  I don't need to type anything to reply I just use voice dictation and it goes very well as my typing is, well, you get my drift... 

The Adshaker app is  free on the iTunes store and just follow the instructions to set it up....  Oh, please don't ask me any questions about techie computer stuff because I am not very good with computers ... K?

1 hour ago, Retired old Gearhead said:

OK, I am on an iPhone now, the smaller brand-new one, and I put on an ad blocker called AdShaker and the site works perfectly now.. In fact  much better than the old layout.  This is my wife's iPhone and I just wanted to try it because she was complaining about all the ads of the various sites she goes to.

Did the same thing on the brand-new iPad Mini (both the iPad and the iPhone have the latest operating system 9.3.2) and it also works perfectly now. It's scales to whatever device you're using. As I mentioned in a previous post  it has always worked perfectly on my iMac (using older OS 10.9.5). On the iPad and iPhone  I don't need to type anything to reply I just use voice dictation and it goes very well as my typing is, well, you get my drift... 

The Adshaker app is  free on the iTunes store and just follow the instructions to set it up....  Oh, please don't ask me any questions about techie computer stuff because I am not very good with computers ... K?

the new mobile is way more functional than the old design.  let me check into the ads and how they are setup, that might be a problem.  Ad blocker will solve that though ;)

1 hour ago, Gossamer said:

My only real complaint/issue with the new layout is that when you click on "Unread Content" it shows you the new messages, but if you click on one of the messages it takes you to the first message in the topic - not the new message.

looking into that tonight

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK.  This is a new design and requires a tweak here and there.

it's too busy, the pictures on the main page are too big which takes up too much screen room, the ads on the bottom are very annoying, on android the back and home button is on the bottom of the screen and I hit the ads often to go back pages, the page does not scroll up as I end the input box and gets covered by the ads and keyboard so I can't see what I'm typing on the screen.

screen names show up too big, taking up almost a 1/5 of my screen. 

Needs more contrast between titles and descriptions. 

On 7/19/2016 at 10:24 AM, robertlane said:

Are you using Android or Apple, please?

'Tozzi' mentioned he was using android. I am still using Apple iPad, iPhone and iMac with zero problems and I prefer the forum software you now use over the previous. I find this works much better on apple devices and I'm pretty well sure that most people who are smart enough to look at a Spark forum are smart enough to not to use Android devices for newer forums.

3 hours ago, bluer101 said:

It's been growing on me, just don't care for the bottom scrolling ad. 

We done some rearranging within the past hour.  That ad should now only show up on the front page of the forum and NOT on the forum or topic page.  

On 7/23/2016 at 10:37 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

I find this works much better on apple devices and I'm pretty well sure that most people who are smart enough to look at a Spark forum are smart enough to not to use Android devices for newer forums.

Some people prefer to use one operating system over the other. It has nothing to do with inteligence level. 

On 7/19/2016 at 10:24 AM, robertlane said:

Are you using Android or Apple, please?

Sorry about the text packed rant, it was hard to read, and I was too lazy to edit it.

I use android. 

The issues with the ad seems to be fixed now. I guess i just need to get used to the rest.

with the ad gone, it is a lot more pleasant to use now.

The page is now scrolling properly when the text box ends. 

4 hours ago, Mr.tozzi said:
On 7/23/2016 at 10:37 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

I find this works much better on apple devices and I'm pretty well sure that most people who are smart enough to look at a Spark forum are smart enough to not to use Android devices for newer forums.

Some people prefer to use one operating system over the other. It has nothing to do with inteligence level. 

Ha, Ha...Ya..I should have worded that a little better... I was trying to make the point that some newer software used for forums' does not seem mesh well with the Android OS. My daughter has a new Samsung tablet and she has noticed that some of the updated forums or social media sites she uses do not appear to have all components scale well and when she checks it on an iPad it looks better..her main complaint is overlapping text or ads on the Android...and, yes Mr. Tozzi, when I read (and often 'like') your posts' I know you are a smart guy.  :reading: