If you turn the car on without plugging in your iPhone, it goes straight to the loudest FM radio you've ever heard. Once you plug your iPhone in it goes to CarPlay and everything is fine. But if you unplug your phone before you open your door after you turn the car off, it'll go back to the FM radio. I talked to support representatives that say there's basically no way to disable the FM and they suggested turning the volume down before you turn the car off. Which is stupid. Why should the FM be about double or more louder than CarPlay?

I have several small (2Gb) USB sticks each with different classification of music, maps, vids and other visible media..all labeled and use those for the music I like at the time as well as pre-loaded maps, contacts and tech/user manuals. I use those for both cars without issues. I don't have a 'smartphone' and use a Samsung Rugby that is voice activated calling when connected via bluetooth...very accurate voice recognition and can answer or end calls via the steering wheel buttons..My wife has the latest iPhone (the new small one) and has similar and other issues with calling. Plugged in>no hands free calling but can get music and maps..unplugged and bluetooth>hands free calling but voice recognition is not nearly as accurate as my Samsung flip phone...that is my solution and find it easy to use..if I want vintage rock..I just plug in the usb that is labeled "Rock-Vintage" etc...car issue?..just plug in the tech or user manual to find the fuse box layout etc...Map of the city..plug that in..I have a USB extend cable mounted higher with the USB slicks in the left dash tray so I don't need to take my eyes off the road while changing the sticks...works for me..

Thanks for the suggestion. It works, I just wish there was a way to make it just not do anything until I plugged my phone in. Does anyone know what size the 2016 speakers are? I'm guessing 6 or 6.5". I've only had it 3 days so I don't really want to take anything apart just yet.

Thanks for the suggestion. It works, I just wish there was a way to make it just not do anything until I plugged my phone in. Does anyone know what size the 2016 speakers are? I'm guessing 6 or 6.5". I've only had it 3 days so I don't really want to take anything apart just yet.

I get what you're saying, but what you want isn't really conventional or what most people prefer. At least now you can lower the volume down completely so you don't have to hear anything until you plug in your phone.

• 3 weeks later...