Time Frame from order to delivery???

Well, We ordered thru our dealer on 10-12-12. The Gm track order just says qued for production. Does anyone have any idea of time frame before we get our Spark. We ordered a 2LT White Spark. Got it for $15,000. For a 2LT I think we did ok. We are n Nebraska. There we NO 2LT anywhere.

Well I think it is about 8 weeks on a boat to get here, plus whatever it takes to actually start production and wait for the boat to fill. Customs should be pretty quick and then another week to drive the truck from port to your dealer. I'm surprised you actually have the number to track it, I didn't and the dealer couldn't get it even after a month of waiting.

• 1 month later...

Here an update. from first post- Ordered on 10-12-12.

As of today 12-26-12. Dealer said has moved to code 3400??? GOING INTO PRODUCTION. Although on the chevy web page it has show in production from a week after order.

Dealer thinks it will b e early Feb. before we will see it. I truly believe that chevy is holding production until the first of the new year. Crazy. it will be Four months before we get the new car.

Magic

Hey Magic,

I too have been waiting a long time for my Spark. I ordered a 2LT Manual back on August 31st and still have not gotten my car. I talked to the GM of my dealership last week about these issues. He looked it up on the computer and according to him, it took the dealership 2 months from the time the paperwork was submitted to just START building the car. He tried to see if it was a color issue but that was not the case.

For some odd reason, it is taking the factory forever to produce Sparks. I don't know if they are behind on orders because they are in high demand. Or if they are holding out for the New Year. The GM said some cars are coming in quick while others are taking forever. Something is screwed up at the factory and its making everyone mad.

I was supposed to get a car from the GM on Monday and never heard from him. My Spark was supposed to arrive on Monday but never got an update. The GM said he was going to call the factory and find out what is taking so long to get the cars. He was also going to see what kind of rebate he can give me due to it taking forever. I don't know how much thats gonna be but something is better than nothing.

I will give my GM a shout tomorrow and get an update and as soon as I do I will be back on here and let you guys know what he said.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Magic,

I too have been waiting a long time for my Spark. I ordered a 2LT Manual back on August 31st and still have not gotten my car. I talked to the GM of my dealership last week about these issues. He looked it up on the computer and according to him, it took the dealership 2 months from the time the paperwork was submitted to just START building the car. He tried to see if it was a color issue but that was not the case.

For some odd reason, it is taking the factory forever to produce Sparks. I don't know if they are behind on orders because they are in high demand. Or if they are holding out for the New Year. The GM said some cars are coming in quick while others are taking forever. Something is screwed up at the factory and its making everyone mad.

I was supposed to get a car from the GM on Monday and never heard from him. My Spark was supposed to arrive on Monday but never got an update. The GM said he was going to call the factory and find out what is taking so long to get the cars. He was also going to see what kind of rebate he can give me due to it taking forever. I don't know how much thats gonna be but something is better than nothing.

I will give my GM a shout tomorrow and get an update and as soon as I do I will be back on here and let you guys know what he said.

Daaang. That really sucks. To those of you who order your spark rather than just buy one already on a lot somewhere, are you customizing it in any way or just going with the standard options for the trim level?
  • 2 weeks later...

Update,

Called Chevy and NOT my dealer. Chevy was able to give me my Build Date and my VIN. Said that it is waiting at the dock or on boat for it to ship. But couldnt tell me when that would be. My build date was Dec 4th...A Tuesday. Hopefully they were in good spirits on a tuesday to build mine right. :)

At least it wasnt Friday.

JC

• 4 weeks later...
Update,

Called Chevy and NOT my dealer. Chevy was able to give me my Build Date and my VIN. Said that it is waiting at the dock or on boat for it to ship. But couldnt tell me when that would be. My build date was Dec 4th...A Tuesday. Hopefully they were in good spirits on a tuesday to build mine right. :)

At least it wasnt Friday.

JC

bahaha yeah everyone says my Mitsubishi Lancer was built on a friday because its had every problem under the sun.

Ok heres the update. our white 2LT just arrived in Omaha Nebraska on the 20th. Now there is a major snow storm so not going to get it for a few days. Will update everyone after we get it.

thanks Magic

Bummer about the snow storm. It's so nice to hear your car is FINALLY here. That was a long time to wait!

Ok folks,

Had the 2LT White Spark a couple of days. Tinted the windows and have put 100miles on it. Great car! did download and purchase the navigation app on my samsung Galaxy SIII. Bringgo is working on phone. tried on the Mylink and No go. Called Gm and they told me to go back to dealer and get update. Well just got back and car is updated. I now have options for pandora, Stitcher, Bringgo, and a NEW one Tunein. SO if you have a mylink and only Pandora and Stitcher, Go to your dealer and tell them there is a update to the Mylink Radio. Also after reading a lot of bringgo reviews, Bringgo does have voice turn by turn. Alot of reviews said it didnt.

Also I thought the 2lt was to have 6 speakers and I can only find 4. Any Ideas?

Well if you have any questions post here.

Thanks

JC from Nebraska