Sensor not turning off and blinking

Had to patch up my rear passenger tire last week, the light came on after a week of use and air was leaking... took it back to the shop to check it out and they fixed it but said that the light was still on and it would go away in a few hours... right away i knew that was BS but the guys are family friends so... anyway the light has yet to turn off and its starting to blink when i turn the car on..

i have the OBD bluetooth connector i just dont want to use it incase the guys messed up the sensor ...

any ideas ?

From the manual.

The TPMS will not function properly if one or more of the TPMS sensors

are missing or inoperable. When the system detects a malfunction, the low tire warning light flashes for about one minute and then stays on

for the remainder of the ignition cycle. The malfunction light comes on at each ignition cycle until the problem is corrected. Some of the

conditions that can cause this to come on are:

One of the road tires has been replaced with the spare tire,

if the vehicle has one. The spare tire does not have a TPMS sensor. The malfunction light should go off after the road tire is replaced and the sensor matching process is performed successfully. See "TPMS Sensor Matching Process" later in this section.

The TPMS sensor matching process was not done or not completed successfully after rotating the tires. The malfunction light should go off after successfully completing the sensor matching process. See "TPMS Sensor Matching Process" later in this section.

One or more TPMS sensors are missing or damaged. The malfunction light should go off when the TPMS sensors are installed and the sensor matching process is performed successfully. See your dealer for service.

Replacement tires or wheels do not match the original equipment tires or wheels. Tires and wheels other than those recommended .

could prevent the TPMS from functioning properly. See Buying New Tires on page 10‐48.

Operating electronic devices or being near facilities using radio wave frequencies similar to the TPMS could cause the TPMS sensors to malfunction.

If the TPMS is not functioning

properly, it cannot detect or signal a low tire condition. See your dealer for service if the TPMS malfunction light comes on and stays on.

From the manual.

The TPMS will not function properly if one or more of the TPMS sensors

are missing or inoperable. When the system detects a malfunction, the low tire warning light flashes for about one minute and then stays on

for the remainder of the ignition cycle. The malfunction light comes on at each ignition cycle until the problem is corrected. Some of the

conditions that can cause this to come on are:

One of the road tires has been replaced with the spare tire,

if the vehicle has one. The spare tire does not have a TPMS sensor. The malfunction light should go off after the road tire is replaced and the sensor matching process is performed successfully. See "TPMS Sensor Matching Process" later in this section.

The TPMS sensor matching process was not done or not completed successfully after rotating the tires. The malfunction light should go off after successfully completing the sensor matching process. See "TPMS Sensor Matching Process" later in this section.

One or more TPMS sensors are missing or damaged. The malfunction light should go off when the TPMS sensors are installed and the sensor matching process is performed successfully. See your dealer for service.

Replacement tires or wheels do not match the original equipment tires or wheels. Tires and wheels other than those recommended .

could prevent the TPMS from functioning properly. See Buying New Tires on page 10‐48.

Operating electronic devices or being near facilities using radio wave frequencies similar to the TPMS could cause the TPMS sensors to malfunction.

If the TPMS is not functioning

properly, it cannot detect or signal a low tire condition. See your dealer for service if the TPMS malfunction light comes on and stays on.

thank you sir. Yeah i went to the dealer yesterday to check the price on the sensor... its $85 bucks ...

my only problem is i have aftermarket tires and wheels not sure if they'll replace it without charging me ... i mean i could always replace them with the original tires and just pay my tire guy for the time to save some scratch ...

Tpms sensors are not cheap, should be about 40-50 dollars in labor as they have to unmount and remount and balance the tire to replaced the sensor. And program it to the tpms system in the car.

Dealership will definitely not install it for free on aftermarket wheels, unless the dealer put the wheels on the car prior to selling it to you.

Edited by Mr.tozzi

The sensor just unscrews from the rubber stem.

When I had my after market rims put on all they did with the factory rims was deflate and break the bead on one area to reach in and unscrew. Then they aired the factories back up. I have used the factory rims without the sensors a few times when going to the dealer for warranty work. Plus I do not need the dealer messing up my rims.