Recall 2017130 - April 27

I just activated my free 3 years of OnStar, and requested a diagnostic to be E-Mailed to me. I noticed it had an open recall, that was issued 4/27/16.

Makes me wonder; Did someone leave the keys in the ignition and have their car stolen, then blame it on the failing chime? Something must have happened, for them to issue a recall for something so minor, yes?

Anyway, this is what it says:

Recall Title:
MYLINK LOSS OF KEY REMINDER CHIME

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that certain 2013-2016 Chevrolet Spark, Sonic, and Trax vehicles equipped with a Bring Your Own Media (“BYOM”) radio may not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 114, “Theft protection and rollaway prevention.” BYOM radio software in these vehicles may fail to provide an audible warning/reminder chime when the driver, after turning off the ignition and leaving the key in the cylinder, waits 10 minutes or longer to open the door for the first time. The vehicle may also fail to provide – or provide a shortened – audible warning when the driver opens the door, hears a chime, fails to retrieve a key left in the ignition, closes the door, and subsequently opens the door a second time more than 20 seconds later.

Safety Risk Description:

If no key reminder chime sounds to alert the driver to a key left in the ignition, there is an increased risk of theft.

Repair Description:

Dealers will update the radios with corrected operating software free of charge.

lol.. it doesnt beep like it should if you leave your keys in the ignition to remind you hey dumbass get your key..

I caught the drift, I just couldn't believe they issued a recall. At times those chimes are a pain in the ass, mine works, so I guess I can skip this recall. :)