Who Has the Most miles on a 2016 Spark?

On 5/14/2016 at 2:26 PM, mattskiracer said:

5000 miles and just got the oil changed, even though 30% was still left on the oil level monitor. First spark in for an oil change at the dealership

hi Matt,

that 'oil level monitor' isn't measuring oil level. It shows the ECU  % evaluation of oil

quality, based on data from mileage, driving habits, conditions. I don't even bother

about it, just change the oil every 5k. 

On 5/16/2016 at 9:21 AM, Retired old Gearhead said:

Nice job Matt..always good to get the first oil change done early..gets rid of the new engine break in aluminum particles that end up in the oil/filter..now that that's been cleared out you can go to maybe 5-10%...use synthetic if you want the gas mileage and engine life. I think the new all aluminum 1.4L is a good engine with consistent materials between head and block..so a longer head gasket life due to less lateral expansion friction and equal heat absorb/dissipation...VVT design is an unchanged proven design..OK..TMI..'Nuff said...

Hi Gear,

...3 yrs late but I'm trying lol,

Do you still think that 1.4l is a good one ?

I've been working on bikes for a while and thought that little 4banger looked just fine, so bought one without much research. How do you rate it now ?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...