FRONT BRAKE DISCS AND PADS

I have had my Chevy Spark 1.2 for 5 years and took it into the Agents for a service. It has only done 35000km and I was told I need to replace the front discs and pads. After having only done 35000km can this be correct?

• 2 weeks later...

I had to replace mine at around 38,000 kms, but because of defective rotors that looked like they were rotten, bad manufacturing, I now have 60,000 on them so that would be 22,000 since then and they look like new so gues can go for another 20,000kms more at least, if yours is Automatic maybe more wear than the manual lie mine.

take pics and measure them

Indeed 'mitogt'I recall those pix you posted of the really bad rotor defect...Yep..mine looked like new at 20K as well and I think I could have got about 60Kkm out of them but found it convenient to replace when tires were done..also a bit early. Pads and rotors are not cheap for these units and to save $$ you really need to shop around as the prices vary from $110 to $35 for rotors and $100 to $45 for a 2 wheel set of pads..the highest prices were the GM OEM parts..I usually buy generic mid/low price units since the specs are all pretty much the same and tightly regulated. I spray the calipers with 'Walmart' Pro-Shine..keeps the calipers and moving parts from rusting.

• 4 months later...

To expand on this topic my brakes suck stock for a 2016 Spark with 6k miles does anyone know is it better to replace the pads or rotors for better braking? 

When I apply light braking there is a loud knocking on the rear left drum. Dealer says there fine so my second question is should I replace that left rear drum? 

Edited by Erik Gonzalez
Correct words