2014 Spark transmission problems

My car started having a problem with first gear. It is a skipping slip that takes out first gear when taking off .1000 mi left on extended warranty and it does it for me 8-10 times a day but in dealership will not do it for technician. This could put me in extreme danger if pulling out into traffic and it fails in front of another vehicle. Anyone have this problem ? I'm afraid I will get stuck paying for trans myself as I work on the road and will be out of warranty in the next 2 weeks. Can't believe it won't do it for tech.

I think she has a manual tranny...if so warranty for 100Kmi/5yrs. Sounds like an issue with the 'throw-out bearing' fork that engages and disengages the clutch in a manual tranny..if CVT, well, could be anything as these tranny's seem to have some programming and design issues. Next time Suzi, you drive and take the tech with you as it could be triggered by your shifting method etc...you get my drift?

• 2 weeks later...

When I first took it to the dealership the problem was not obvious to the tech. Soooo I took him for a ride and amazingly it showed him what was wrong. I did get a brand new tranny. Yahoo. But was told that the transmission only has a warranty until the end of my extended warranty which is less than 1000 miles. That does not seem right. It should have at least a 90 day warranty . But I guess that is just me. Any thoughts ????

The engine and transmission has a warranty of 5 years or 100,000 miles. You were still under factory warranty. As far as the replacement transmission that I am not sure about. i would think it would be longer but since it was replaced under warranty it may only be covered by the remainder of the warranty.

Edited by Ray Dockrey
  • 4 years later...

Hi guys,

I have 2014 Spark with CVT , it has under 74K and transmission is a toast !! I had a dealer run my vin - no recalls .. ;(   I had numerous people telling me that it is covered and I should get it replaced at no charge, but dealer says no !