Central locking system stopped working (with a twist)

All my doors do not lock anymore after starting the car, just drivers door. Using key remote or door controls only locks drivers door. Cant lock or unlock any other doors using drivers door control panel except for the drivers door.. I know there is supposed to be a rod in the drivers door that locks/unlocks all other doors and I have not checked that out yet. Reason being is the "twist" to my story. I can reach over to the passenger door and hit the lock button and it only locks/unlocks the driver door! So I dont think it is the disconnected rod issue. I have been into my infotainment touch screen settings as well and all is set up there right. 2013 spark and only had 5K miles on it when this first happened. Took it to 2 dealers and got the run around. Was told it could be a body control module (BCM) and all my interior would have to come out just to check it. Lastly my hatch never locks anymore either sense this first happened.

post-1227-0-79053500-1456778078_thumb.jp

All my doors do not lock anymore after starting the car, just drivers door. Using key remote or door controls only locks drivers door. Cant lock or unlock any other doors using drivers door control panel except for the drivers door.. I know there is supposed to be a rod in the drivers door that locks/unlocks all other doors and I have not checked that out yet. Reason being is the "twist" to my story. I can reach over to the passenger door and hit the lock button and it only locks/unlocks the driver door! So I dont think it is the disconnected rod issue. I have been into my infotainment touch screen settings as well and all is set up there right. 2013 spark and only had 5K miles on it when this first happened. Took it to 2 dealers and got the run around. Was told it could be a body control module (BCM) and all my interior would have to come out just to check it. Lastly my hatch never locks anymore either sense this first happened.

It sounds like it is an electrical problem, juice is not getting to the other three doors, you can probably eliminate the switches, if the remote is not activating the locks either. If it is still under warranty, I would let the dealer handle it. If not, find a good auto electrical shop, or perhaps even a glass shop, these electrical problems can be a real pain in the ass. If you know how to use a vom, you could pull a door panel, and start hunting, good luck, let us know how it goes.

OK..Sounds like Walt is on the right track. Just one simple thing to check is that the MyLink screen "Vehicle Settings" is not set to lock one door, or delayed etc. All doors should lock when the shift stick is moved out of 'Park' maybe fiddle with different settings for the doors and that may jolt it to life...anyway..bit of a long shot, like Walt said, sounds like an electrical issue within one of the control modules..hope you still have your basic warranty in place as these things can be tricky to find and rack up the labor hrs.

Thanks for the feedback. I hate going to the dealer. From undercoating to oil changes to anything else I always leave mad , depressed or swearing at them (under my breath haha) But I guess I gotta bite the bullet and go before my 3 year warranty is up this July. It prob is the BCM but I dont think I should have to leave it there for 3 days for them to remove all my seats and carpet like they suggested.

Unrelated but here are a few pics of my other car with no power locks, BCM, fuel injection, computers, TPM systems, etc. 67 Ford Galaxie. post-1227-0-01921400-1456837673_thumb.jppost-1227-0-14550300-1456837729_thumb.jp

Thanks for the feedback. I hate going to the dealer. From undercoating to oil changes to anything else I always leave mad , depressed or swearing at them (under my breath haha) But I guess I gotta bite the bullet and go before my 3 year warranty is up this July. It prob is the BCM but I dont think I should have to leave it there for 3 days for them to remove all my seats and carpet like they suggested.

Unrelated but here are a few pics of my other car with no power locks, BCM, fuel injection, computers, TPM systems, etc. 67 Ford Galaxie. attachicon.gif20120831_171642.jpgattachicon.gif20121008_161440.jpg

Nice Ford, the good old days of points, rotors, condensers, and carburetors, when carrying a tool box made sense. I seriously doubt they will have to tear out your whole interior, but be grateful for the warranty, as these problems can be a real time consuming, and at a $100 an hour, my dealers rates anyway, it can get real pricey.

Unrelated but here are a few pics of my other car with no power locks, BCM, fuel injection, computers, TPM systems, etc. 67 Ford Galaxie. attachicon.gif20120831_171642.jpgattachicon.gif20121008_161440.jpg

Ah yes! Looks like you keep that classic in nice shape and certainly much easier to work on than these new electronic controlled cars we see these days. I used to have 'project' vintage '70's cars to work on, but over time I ran out of time and my wife wanted them gone unless I finished them..haha

• 2 weeks later...