I have a 2013 2LT model. I purchased the vehicle used, and since owning it, I have yet to be able to setup OnStar. Reading the manual, there should be a green light on the instrument panel right above the mirror. The light is neither green or red. The light has never lit up. Also, when pressing any of the OnStar buttons, absolutely nothing happens.

Also, which I don't know if this is related or not, but I've noticed that it's almost like the microphone isn't there either. I can bluetooth pair my iPhone with no problem, make calls, and I can hear the other person... but no one can hear me. Nor does voice command pick up my voice when I use that as well.

Thoughts? These are two things that I would really like to use. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Aha! The microphone for your hands free phone calls is located on that unit as well and if that is not working, there is a good chance that entire unit is bad or the unit has been disabled by the previous owner...perhaps a visit to the dealer will resolve that for you. The GM dealers are very helpful in Onstar issues as they have orders from GM to service any issues since Onstar is a big money maker for GM and heavily promoted as a safety feature. I don't use it but I do need the microphone located on that unit to initiate voice activated calls as well as people being able to hear me during any kind of 'paired' device phone call..so don't be shy to go back to the dealer on that since when it comes to Onstar, they will be falling all over each other to fix that, probably give you some free Onstar time limited account for you to try it out as well.

Edited by Retired old Gearhead

Guaranteed they give you free time. There is an ongoing promotion for buyers of used cars to receive 6 months (I believe) OnStar simply by calling in.

As far as fixing it, the previous owner may have been wearing a tinfoil hat and pulled the fuse or unplugged the unit under the driver's seat.

I recieved an email from Onstar and it was for 3 years of basic service for model year 2013 Spark! Also I got the 300 minutes for the phone for just $9.99

As far as fixing it, the previous owner may have been wearing a tinfoil hat and pulled the fuse or unplugged the unit under the driver's seat.

I would check that first. When I unplugged my OnStar unit under the driver's seat, the microphone stopped working. I don't use OnStar, and my light isn't illuminated, but the microphone works.

I recieved an email from Onstar and it was for 3 years of basic service for model year 2013 Spark! Also I got the 300 minutes for the phone for just $9.99

Well..there you go, but did you get that fixed or was it just disconnected from under the drivers seat module? Just like ISP's and cell phone service providers GM does not like to lose a potential Onstar client and usually a quick call or dealer visit will have you walking out with some free service.