• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Chevy website says you can log into your Mylink account and download the latest updates. But after talking with a online rep they said you cannot do that, only dealer update. This is what the webs

I want to get the update for my car, but I'm not sure if I should. The reason being that my XM radio has not shut off and I have had my car for about 7 months now. If they update my car, then I am a

I'm just bummed they have such limited android support. Both my Razr Maxx and htc dna don't have bringgo support.

Posted Images

Is the Sonic another GM Korea vehicle? Not sure if you guys remember what I went through to get the optional fog light kit programmed, but it took Chevy USA calling Korea, and then several engineers to find the update and send it to the USA. It took much longer for other dealers to get the update because there was another person in a different area that couldn't get her car programmed.

Basically a case of "the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing".

My Sonic was made in the US.

I got the update done last Friday. Took them 90 minutes to get the keys back to me. The service guy explained (everything I already read in this thread) there will be two new application icons blah blah... and he's never seen this update before... awesome.

Anyway, is anyone else still having the issue of XM starting at channel 1? Mine seems to do it even more now, than before the update.

It's not a huge deal, I was just curious. I don't plan to pay $20 a month for XM after the 90 day trial anyway. Pandora is free. :happy feet:

So my radio stopped working about 4 weeks ago, it took the dealer 3 weeks to get a new one in.. they installed it and it was all updated with the new firmware. I tried teh BringGo app and to my supprise it worked great. So happy!!! the only problem is when they installed my radio they damaged my dash aroun the radio so now they are ordering a new dash for me, lord only knows how long that will take to come in.

Here is a photo of my radio with BringGo running.

post-290-0-52164800-1364490636_thumb.jpg

Edited by leonard26

I saw my dealer last night and played with the Bringgo in a new arrived Spark. It is very nice to say the least. My sales person called me today to tell me they attempted a upgrade on Saturday and ran into problems. This is what the service manager told him. So I'm still waiting to get mine updated. I mean how hard can this really be? Do they not read all instructions and download the correct files. We're also suppose to let these people service our cars, I don't think so.

A lot of it is GM's fault, and some might be the dealership. There are certain tools that need to be used on the newer cars, but you can almost do it with the older tools. And GM may not have given them all the files, I know most of us think about this like the internet where you just go to a server and download all the files, the dealers don't work like that, especially Mercedes which is incredibly tyrannical about update files.

In this day and age we should be able to plug an Ethernet cable or wifi dongle into our cars, and let the car download any updates just like we do for phones and computers.

I guess you know when you are due for a phone upgrade you better join team iphone! i was in portland a few weeks ago I always stop at burgerville and voodoo donut.

I work a block away from VooDoo...

I sure hope it goes well. I'm dropping it off at 9AM on Saturday and hoping to pick it up around 2PM, so they have plenty of time to figure it out.

I saw my dealer last night and played with the Bringgo in a new arrived Spark. It is very nice to say the least. My sales person called me today to tell me they attempted a upgrade on Saturday and ran into problems. This is what the service manager told him. So I'm still waiting to get mine updated. I mean how hard can this really be? Do they not read all instructions and download the correct files. We're also suppose to let these people service our cars, I don't think so.

There wasn't any problems when they updated mine and they didn't even know about it until I look it up! I tried out the BringGo nav on my way to work on tues and I really like the lane assist thing and I liked most everything else but the traffic didn't seem to work, I hit a lot of traffic and never got a warning or any notice of traffic.

post-469-0-70960400-1365054864_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lill blu sparky

Dealer didn't know anything about the update and couldn't pull it up by Vin. It is now PI0914D. They agreed to do it, but are now having "problems" getting it to update... Bringgo finally updated support for the navigation app today, but still no support for the DNA.

Dealer didn't know anything about the update and couldn't pull it up by Vin. It is now PI0914D. They agreed to do it, but are now having "problems" getting it to update... Bringgo finally updated support for the navigation app today, but still no support for the DNA.

Wow that sucks, my sales person is still trying to get the service department to update their current inventory. He said once they have done a few without any issues then they will do mine. It's still pretty crazy that this far along and most dealers have no idea what to do.

I pointed this out to the next dealer on my list to try working on my car, and they said they have been doing many of them already, sounds like they are on top of getting the updates. I think a lot of the issue is that many dealers just don't want to deal with this car so they don't spend much time trying to get the software. Might be worth looking around at other nearby dealers to see who is ready to work on these machines and really wants to work on them.

They stated that during the update something failed and the radio ceased to work. I think they pulled the fuse, cause it doesn't even power on now. They said they would consult GM support on Monday and may have to replace my radio. They better not screw up my dash if they do. I could have left the car with them, but I already set up with my tinting friend to do the car tomorrow, so I'm just driving it without the radio till Monday and then they can have at it.