I still see the US version on the Google Play Store. It would not suprise me if it is a while for Chevy to offer the upgrade to the unit to be able to use the app. Decided not to install the app until Chevy upgrades, as you get 1 month free to test it before you buy it in case it is no good,

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Chevy website says you can log into your Mylink account and download the latest updates. But after talking with a online rep they said you cannot do that, only dealer update. This is what the webs

I want to get the update for my car, but I'm not sure if I should. The reason being that my XM radio has not shut off and I have had my car for about 7 months now. If they update my car, then I am a

I'm just bummed they have such limited android support. Both my Razr Maxx and htc dna don't have bringgo support.

Posted Images

Yeah I downloaded it last night, so I got the app. Installing all of the roads were a huge pain and my thing froze twice like a long time in and had to restart the whole download of the maps again. Eventually it started to work and downloaded all the locations I wanted. And I also dont see the app in the app store. Luckily I already grabbed it before it left the store!

Just got back from my dealer and updates are ready and they were able to update my 2lt today. I purchased bringgo and it does have turn by turn voice cammands. ---Yes I purchased the $59.99. I figured it will always be on my phone. If you dont have update yet go get it from your dealer.

JC

Bill says Tech Bulletin #PI0914 to program radio with SPS and USB software and reset date/Clock and clear out error codes. performed software update to correct concern.

Sorry I wasnt there watrching as they did it. Just dropped the car off and came back when called. The service guy said they had to hook something up to the car that if you didnt you would never know it needed updating. Thats most likely why the dealer I got it from never updated it before giving me the car. Again I ordered this from factory.

JC

Bill says Tech Bulletin #PI0914 to program radio with SPS and USB software and reset date/Clock and clear out error codes. performed software update to correct concern.

Sorry I wasnt there watrching as they did it. Just dropped the car off and came back when called. The service guy said they had to hook something up to the car that if you didnt you would never know it needed updating. Thats most likely why the dealer I got it from never updated it before giving me the car. Again I ordered this from factory.

JC

From what i just read on another forum is,

that number is: PI0914 (it was supposedly sent out on 02/18/2013)

its the update that fixes Bluetooth problems, adds siri voice commands, tune, bringgo, and xm radio problems as well as other stuff. Dealer said it should take about an hour to do.

The Chevy website says you can log into your Mylink account and download the latest updates. But after talking with a online rep they said you cannot do that, only dealer update. This is what the website says in the FAQ's:

UPDATING CHEVROLET MYLINK
Are there updates to download with Chevrolet MyLink?-

Log in to see if a new software version is available for your Chevrolet MyLink system. If so, you will need to download the newest MyLink update to enable you to run all of the latest features.

How do I find out when updates are available for Chevrolet MyLink?-

Periodically we will be updating our system, introducing new features and expanding on others. Here is where you will be able to download the latest updates to keep your system as current as possible. To get the latest update, log in to your MyLink account now. Chevrolet MyLink supports a variety of different Bluetooth-enableddevices.

Can I download Chevrolet MyLink updates with the USB connection?-

The USB port is also the primary way to update the MyLink system. Log in to download the latest MyLink update. Save the update on a USB storage device3 and plug it into the vehicle. The vehicle must be running and in Park to read the update. Then just follow the prompts to update your system.

Edited by bluer101

I went to the dealer and they had no clue even by vin. So I gave them the service number and found it right away. I'm going back next week to have it done since it was too late today. The service write printed out the whole bulletin with instructions for me, it's 8 pages long. The first part involves updating the radio through the computer hookup. Then it requires a software transfer onto USB the plugged into the Sparks USB port. After that you might have to stop and pull the onstar fuse if you get an error if not proceed with onscreen prompts. After its finished in 15 minutes you cycle the ignition, clear any trouble codes, and factory reset the radio.

This update also addresses some BT problems, the XM default to preview channel after restart (I have this problem) and no rear camera error when put in reverse.

The thing is it states Spark and Sonic does not have rear camera and does not apply. I hope that's not true because I thought they were going to add a camera.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 13 sonic with mylink. I may be the 1st sonic owner on Long Island trying to get the update done. I'm not having any luck. My dealership told me there is no nav on the sonic and I should go buy a garmin or Tom Tom. They claim they did the PI0914 update to fix the xm1 issue but it has nothing to do with bringgo. Whatever update they did now the mylink says something about the rearview camera not working when in reverse. I called another dealership and they knew nothing about it either. Are there any spark owners on Long Island (or near LI) who have had their mylink successfully updated with bringgo? If so what dealership did it?

Blue hedgehog,

I have been following you guys over at the Sonic forums as they have been out longer. I have not gone to get mine updated due to the inconsistency of updates. I spoke with my dealer and told them I have the service number but wanted to look up by vin. Of course nothing showed anything needed updating. Then he looked up the service number and printed me the pages. He said its only to fix problems not for apps. I said keep reading and then he said oh ok I see, but in order to do it I have to write it up as one of the troubles on the bulletin. I told them I would return another day.

I met with my salesman and told him what was going on. He said they would first do some updates to new cars in stock before I'm the Test subject. I do experience the XM reset to channel one and would love the update for Bringgo but until GM gets there act together I'm not testing their product.

Is the Sonic another GM Korea vehicle? Not sure if you guys remember what I went through to get the optional fog light kit programmed, but it took Chevy USA calling Korea, and then several engineers to find the update and send it to the USA. It took much longer for other dealers to get the update because there was another person in a different area that couldn't get her car programmed.

Basically a case of "the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing".

Bluer101

I went for round 2 today at the dealer. This time I had ammo. I sent chevy an email to customer service. They gave me a number for infotainment support. I called them and they called the dealership. I was told to bring the car in and they now no how and what to do. I brought the car in. After 3 hours they told me they were having problems doing the update because they were missing one of there disks. And I will get a call when they get a new disk. I did get a copy of the latest update instructions released march 6 2013. The update is now PI0914A. Also on the my chevrolet website click chevy culture then news on I think it's the 2nd or 3rd page chevy says the bringgo update came out on march 1st and all 2013 sonic owners and spark owners with mylink should go to their dealer for the "free" update

Bluer101

I went for round 2 today at the dealer. This time I had ammo. I sent chevy an email to customer service. They gave me a number for infotainment support. I called them and they called the dealership. I was told to bring the car in and they now no how and what to do. I brought the car in. After 3 hours they told me they were having problems doing the update because they were missing one of there disks. And I will get a call when they get a new disk. I did get a copy of the latest update instructions released march 6 2013. The update is now PI0914A. Also on the my chevrolet website click chevy culture then news on I think it's the 2nd or 3rd page chevy says the bringgo update came out on march 1st and all 2013 sonic owners and spark owners with mylink should go to their dealer for the "free" update

I wonder what they changed from the original to the A version? I have the printout at work for the original version.

"It all starts when you bring your 2013 Sonic, 2013 Spark or 2014 Spark EV (equipped with Chevrolet MyLink†) to your local Chevrolet dealer for a free quick radio software update. You can then install BringGo on your iPhone®, Android or other compatible smartphone. And then finally you can enjoy taking charge of your next destination with less worry and even more confidence."

LOL, "a free quick radio software update"

Edited by bluer101