Has anyone added a rear seat light? It's dark as heck back there it would be nice if there was a light to see where my groceries may have rolled away to.. lol.. It would be nice to have something come on when you open the door in the back as well. I figure it wouldnt be too hard just tap into the front wiring. just curious if any one has done so and how?

lol.. the sub back there doesn't allow me to. plus I usually put my laptop/work bag back there with it when i go after work.. not to mention i usually do $200 worth when ever I go.. stock up. plus just seeing back there at night to get anything would be nice.

• 1 month later...

Jibb3r, I just cut a hole on the headliner and used a piece of hard steel wire in shape of an u to hold the lens frame in place.

They are wired to the front dome bulb so when the door open if you have the switch in the on position they will turn on, if it is off they will remain off.

There's some insulation over the headliner that needs to be moved out of the way to avoid fire as the assembly does not have a housing.

You could also use the same lights as we have in the trunk but they dont have their individual switches.

Edited by Mr.tozzi
  • 1 year later...

Hi, someone can try this one.

beler OEM 3B0947291 Rear Reading Map Dome Light Lamp for VW Beetle Bora Golf Passat Tiguan Skoda Fabia Superb Seat Alhambra Leon
 http://s.aliexpress.com/yYzqMNre

Actually this is for VW but I guess can be done in Spark. Good with these are they can be wired parallel to front light and these can be used independently.

I am currently working on fog so parked this idea. Now totally confused :sad: if I have to go with OEM type fog or projector type.

Edited by ChevyBeat
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, tfraser3 said:

I added a rear dome light on my 2013 spark ( for the kids )  I will be adding one to my 2017 very soon . I will keep you updated .

I actually used a rear dome light out of a jeep liberty/patriot i think ( pull apart) it was a push button lens) and matched the front one perfectly.

Edited by tfraser3
forgot a word