I picked up a new (to me) 2014 Spark 1LT with the CVT transmission earlier this evening and I have to say it's a fun little car and compared to my last one ('95 Ford Aspire) it's a quick little sucker but I mostly like the MyLink system which I'll be playing with in the morning.

What are some problem areas I should look for? It only has 40k on it.

Sounds like all the recalls have been done and most over 40Kmi owners have had few and far between problems. I have over 70Kmi and no problems runs like new. Most of the problems showed up early on with the PCV recall..quite a few members on here and they are not shy about any issues that pop up and remember that just because one of hundreds of members reports an issue does not mean you will experience it...the only issues to be concerned about is when quite a few members report it and there was an issue with the CVT being 'jerky' on the 2014..that was looked after with a recall...So enjoy the car knowing all the bugs are worked out with the recalls.

The CVT will take some getting used to as I haven't driven a vehicle with once since they 1st started putting CVTs in cars so it's very different than a normal auto and is only jerky when I initially put it into gear

I was hesitant to go with Chevy but quality and fit and finish is on par with the VW Rabbit I returned to get the Spark (Rabbit had a bad tranny and instead of using the warranty the dealer allowed me to return it)

Edited by Kringlekrush