My 2013 just got a whole NEW Engine

Not sure the reason why?

My wife picked it up. Car has around 55,000 miles.

My wife said it was due to PCV recall / replacement.

I always kept the oil filled up and changed oil.

So..... what happened to require a whole new engine????

Edited by stevesparky

Not sure the reason why?

My wife picked it up. Car has around 55,000 miles.

My wife said it was due to PCV recall / replacement.

I always kept the oil filled up and changed oil.

So..... what happened to require a whole new engine????

What was the reason, for the trip to the dealership? What was the car doing/not doing?

Started running ruff. But not really bad. Also idle was ruff. Called On Star. Said bad smog devices. On Star called nearest dealer for us and made appointment. We drove directly to Chevy Garage in Redding CA. They were expecting us. We waited for about an hour. They came back and said ONE cylinder had failed. They gave a loaner. 3 weeks later picked up Spark. Said they decided to replace whole engine.

No cost to us. Zero dollars !!

Edited by stevesparky

Started running ruff. But not really bad. Also idle was ruff. Called On Star. Said bad smog devices. On Star called nearest dealer for us and made appointment. We drove directly to Chevy Garage in Redding CA. They were expecting us. We waited for about an hour. They came back and said ONE cylinder had failed. They gave a loaner. 3 weeks later picked up Spark. Said they decided to replace whole engine.

No cost to us. Zero dollars !!

Outside of the inconvenience, of not having the car for 3 weeks, it sounds like a fairly uneventful adventure. Did you have the PCV recall done? It seems here and there, this issue is starting to surface again. Glad all is well now.

Edited by WaltK