• 1 month later...

It was abnormally difficult to find a battery for my 2013 Spark, so I checked out this forum and it looked like my only options were to get one from the dealership, Autozone, or the Everstart Maxx T5 from Walmart.  $120-$150 seems quite high for such a small battery.   I picked up a Valuepower 26R battery from Walmart for $50 and it dropped right in.  It is just millimeters wider than the original, but the bracket still works.  It has 540 cold cranking amps and a 1 year warranty.  I don't expect it to last as long as the Maxx T5, but hope to get a few years out of it.    I just wanted to let folks know that there is a cheaper option out there.

• 10 months later...

Well, three years later and 2nd factory battery is failing again. It’s crazy as both batteries are failing almost the same amount of time. I noticed slow start a week or 2 ago and now getting the full reset with start again. Time for new battery. 

I found a battery at Walmart that is the same size as the 26R in the 5 year warranty. It’s a 121R, I put it side by side with the 26R this weekend and it looks the same. Might pick one up.