Official USA Chevy Spark service manual?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a PDF copy of the one for the Chevy Beat (what the sparks called in India) if you want a copy of it, I know there will be some differences but will let you have a look anyway.

Probably trying to figure out how to cover up the steering wheel controls problem.

That technically would be illegal so probably better not, though my morals are slipping due to the constant delays.

• 2 weeks later...

Normally not, normally only printed volumes are made available to the "public" to try and prevent piracy. It is probably getting delayed because Chevy can't stop adding content from problems with the cars, why else would it be continually delayed?

• 2 weeks later...

Suddenly, without any emails to say it was in stock, I checked the website and it said in stock so I ordered one. I do think it completely sucks that they hit you with a $6.xx handling charge, with a $200 price tag that really should have been included.

• 2 weeks later...

You just thought to check tracking a week later? Call UPS they can usually tell you where the package was left on your property (in front of garage, porch) etc.

I 'received' something and didn't realize the guy left it in front of my garage (I always have a car parked there) until I asked.

There was no tracking data the day after they shipped, and with the holidays I didn't get back to checking the tracking number to see what it said. It clearly says left at front door, the same door that several hundred students walk past every day of the week. It was certainly left in an unsecured area, to me that places blame on UPS for leaving it there. Family member walk past there several time a day walking the dogs so it isn't like it would have been left there for more than a few hours. But hey, if you want to make this out as my fault, go right ahead.

If you used a credit card, contact the bank, and dispute the charge, you don't have to pay for something you never received. The only way they could prove you took possession would be to produce a signature, which obviously they don't have. That is one of the perks of using a card, the banks do protect you. I've seen this happen quite a few times, as you said, anyone could take it, and someone did, happens all the time, and they know it. Damned drivers are too lazy to get a signature.

I'm hoping that Helm will be a stand up company and replace it while they fight with UPS. From dealing with things like this in the past, the person who ships it must start the claim process since they are the ones that paid the shipping. There was no choice for extra insurance.

Oh yeah. DUH! I wasn't thinking about that!

Since they shipped it with a flat shipping cost, it's their problem to make sure they provide enough insurance on the package in case something happens to it.

I shipped something that cost about $125 with the post office in one of those flat rate boxes, and when it went missing I found out that they are only insured for $50, and I had to eat the other $75.

Needless to say, I always make sure I buy extra insurance now! ;)

Edited by Gossamer

Priority mail now seems to carry $100 insurance as standard if you read the signs, if you talk to the person behind the counter they still say $50 so not sure which is true. But anyway, yeah there is no option for insurance. Still no response to my email, I'll probably have to call them on Monday and see what they are willing to do.

What also really pisses me off about this is that I asked the dealer to order this for me, they flat out refused to do it and handed me a phone number for Helm!

Going to be impossible to prove they stole it, and would expect it will wait until they get back to NYC or Jersey before they try and sell it. That would be latter this week after finals finish. Decided that I'm going to watch the after Christmas sales and stick a camera outside looking at the front door. One of the reasons is the USPS delivery person refuses to knock when there is a package, they have the little card all filled out claiming they attempted delivery, but they just stick the card in the box. Pretty damn tired of that. Probably going to be one of the Logitech "HD" cameras on Ethernet so I don't need to fool with signal and power wires.

• 2 months later...

Looks like I'm screwed! About a week ago I decided to see if one of the Chevy support people that comes around here could/would do anything, no reply after giving information about where it was ordered and my order number. Since the dealer refused to order an official Chevy accessory, I hold Chevy partly responsible.