So I contacted my local dealer yesterday to see if they had an ETA for the new sparks, they said "next month" - they were being built right now.

Today I got on Chevy's website, to look for the specs again. I can't find the specs at all now, so I started a live chat to ask when the information would be available, since they will be here next month.

Apparently, they have all of the information on the 2016 on live chat, the website just isn't updated, for whatever reason.
He wanted to know what information I was looking for, I only had two questions:
The power sunroof is available on the 1LT and 2LT, which is awesome. :drool:
They start at $13,760 LS, $15,785 1LT, $17,285 2LT (automatics, manuals are $1,100 less) with an $875 destination charge.
That doesn't match the "starting price" of the 2016 on the website either, but whatever.
I also had him send me a brochure, since you can't do that on the website either.
I'm ready to drive one! :shift:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

saw it at the LA auto show... lots of pics..

Posted Images

Yeah, I am surprised the website has so little information available, so late in the game.

The push-button start on the 2LT is pretty tempting. I'm also wondering what version of the headlights we will see on the US side. I have a feeling I already know... :nonono:

Untitled_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the photos!
That purple is nice, might be my next vehicle. I see the speakers are in the doors now, with tweeters in the pillar, a "true" 6 speaker setup. And it seems they removed the mirror turn signal indicators...
I'm interested to see it in person. Still pretty odd that there is little information about it on their site. The "brochure" that was mailed to me was pretty much a printed pamphlet of their website. Same 4 photos, with the same information. :drool:

I'm betting they still have a ton on 15's in stock that they're trying to get rid of before putting these out there.. that or since these are made in korea they're having importing/manufacturing issues and don't have final production specs yet for the US version.. happens a lot with Kia.. It seemed they they did some smart functionality improvements and changed what was complained about the most. but still room for improvement over all. lots of people complaining and making fun of it and how small it was but.. hey we love em right? :)

Still see it has the funky...one only...arm rest, which is really rinky dink.

I was hoping for better.

Yeah I don't even use mine, it's more in the way, than a convenience. Since the seats are so close together, I end up just putting my elbow on the passenger seat

Today I found a new Spark link with a lot more information. Check it out at: http://www.chevrolet.com/spark-fuel-efficient-car.html

Looks like around 20K with a sunroof. This is the first Spark with "available items" at an extra charge, of course. 13-15's, came complete, price was fixed by model. No longer a bargain, they will eventually circle the drain, too bad.

Price has gone up a bit , $18160 for a 2LT automatic . I don't need a sunroof but would go for tech or safety package that I think was like $285 or so .The Salsa doesn't have the red and black two tone seats anymore but I like the Splash metallic with the blue two tone seats . They should be in the showroom by my next oil change in Jan .

Won't be long now , I see at least one dealer about an hour away has two 2016 Sparks listed as "in transit "

In transit, is that listed with their new vehicle inventory? I've been checking my local dealers' websites, waiting to see one pop up, so I can go check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I drove it. LT1 CVT
The salesman took delivery today, and I had to see it.
I also messed with everything for about a half hour, as the salesman was tied up on a $60k deal on a truck. Pretty much gave me the keys and said "See ya soon!" :thumbsup:
The first thing I noticed, the sound system is way better than what mine is. I left the settings, but the songs actually have bass, and it's clear. They don't sound like headphone speakers, even at near max volume! It's definitely no aftermarket quality, but it's an improvement! :rockon:
The DIC on the 1LT has all the same information as the current model, adding the tire pressure for each tire, which is nice!
It also seemed to ride a little smoother than mine. Maybe it's the difference in fresh off the truck vs. 3 years old?
For the first time driving a CVT, I have to say, I'm impressed. I only drove it maybe 2 miles, but I managed to floor it (to 45mph in a 35 zone - nothing crazy) and it actually took off. It wouldn't win any races, but it was enough to get me thinking about an automatic again!
Mine doesn't have automatic headlights, so the headlights/reverse lights that illuminate when entering/exiting the car were nice.
The auto up/down drivers window is nice, heated mirrors, intermittent rear wiper. Yep, all nice additions.

It also comes with a spare (donut) tire, and the eye bolt that screws into the front bumper, that ours is missing from the trunk kit.
Speaking of the trunk. The trunk deck cover isn't attached to the tailgate anymore. I was surprised to see that. There's no string or place to hook it to on the gate. You have to flip it yourself. Then remember to flip it down, or it blocks almost the whole rear window. :hammer_self: Also doesn't come with the cargo net, like my 13 did.
Seems like the exact same fit for the interior, seats feel the same, same leg room same headroom, blah blah. I thought the leg room was extended, as I was able to almost straighten my left leg. Then I realized there's no clutch there. haha! :happy feet: I'm 6'5", so those things are important!
That's my unofficial test drive review.

post-483-0-94695100-1452825262_thumb.jpg