Performance parts? Intake manifold or headers?

• 2 months later...

I'm wondering the same. Would like to put a chip in mine and/or a cold air intake... I have a 2013 manual and love it but a little extra oomph wouldn't hurt. I've looked online and on Amazon and Ebay and I'm so confused even with entering the make and model. I'm still under warranty till May of 2016. I had my transmission replaced last year under warranty because the gears literally broke off inside the tranny, and no I didn't grind them lol Don't know if adding any extra performance prody=ucts would be worth it or not. TIA! (:

Nope, don't think so - computer won't put it "right back to spec performance"....

I've got a DC Sports cold-air kit on mine & it made a noticable difference in pedal response & overall "pep"!

No one makes ANY exhaust parts I've found... I had mine done custom from the cat-back with slightly larger 1.75" pipe & a Magnaflow muffler.

I like it a LOT better than stock - both for sound & for feel now!!!

Nope, don't think so - computer won't put it "right back to spec performance"....

I've got a DC Sports cold-air kit on mine & it made a noticable difference in pedal response & overall "pep"!

No one makes ANY exhaust parts I've found... I had mine done custom from the cat-back with slightly larger 1.75" pipe & a Magnaflow muffler.

I like it a LOT better than stock - both for sound & for feel now!!!

The engine draws air that passes thru the air filter, then the MAS (Mass Airflow Sensor) then into the cylinders. The MAS determines the air mass that is passing by it and adjusts the fuel flow for the correct air/fuel ratio at TDC compression. No matter what intake system you have this never changes. However if the engine requires more effort to draw the required air (dirty filter) then power is reduced. If the filter on the DC Sports air kit has a better flow (less dense material) you will notice a slight improvement at higher rpm's as well as a slightly faster pedal to rpm response...So yes, I stand corrected that it could make a difference if the above are true. Quite often the user will have the impression of more power due to the difference in sound these kits produce. The bottom line is the resistance at the intake point, and any other resistance between intake point and MAS. With the kit you have removed as much as possible of that resistance that mostly comes into play at higher rpms and higher loads such as a fast start from stop. By replacing the stock filter with a 'Hi-Flo' filter a almost similar result can be obtained with only the resonator box creating some turbulence used to keep the air volume but reduce the direct airflow speed at the MAS to give slightly better gas mileage at a very small performance trade off...that's the math, so in your case the only sensor that comes into play is the MAS which senses faster intake to MAS resulting in a faster response and possibly more actual air volume thus more and faster fuel input giving the response boost...I was being more general as far as mods go such as replacing exhaust and throttle body adjustments...OK..'Nuff said about that..

The engine draws air that passes thru the air filter, then the MAS (Mass Airflow Sensor) then into the cylinders. The MAS determines the air mass that is passing by it and adjusts the fuel flow for the correct air/fuel ratio at TDC compression. No matter what intake system you have this never changes. However if the engine requires more effort to draw the required air (dirty filter) then power is reduced. If the filter on the DC Sports air kit has a better flow (less dense material) you will notice a slight improvement at higher rpm's as well as a slightly faster pedal to rpm response...So yes, I stand corrected that it could make a difference if the above are true. Quite often the user will have the impression of more power due to the difference in sound these kits produce. The bottom line is the resistance at the intake point, and any other resistance between intake point and MAS. With the kit you have removed as much as possible of that resistance that mostly comes into play at higher rpms and higher loads such as a fast start from stop. By replacing the stock filter with a 'Hi-Flo' filter a almost similar result can be obtained with only the resonator box creating some turbulence used to keep the air volume but reduce the direct airflow speed at the MAS to give slightly better gas mileage at a very small performance trade off...that's the math, so in your case the only sensor that comes into play is the MAS which senses faster intake to MAS resulting in a faster response and possibly more actual air volume thus more and faster fuel input giving the response boost...I was being more general as far as mods go such as replacing exhaust and throttle body adjustments...OK..'Nuff said about that..

Alright we have a car guy on here who understands how systems work and doesn't have a butt dyno. It would be interesting to see an actual dyno run with a stock air intake vs a aftermarket intake and with other performance mods. I love reading forums where users start bolting on stuff and it does nothing for them.