does anyone know how to remove antenna?

• 6 months later...

In addition there are two connectors to disconnect. A two pin orange and a one pin purple connector. They are about 4-6 inches to the right of the bolt that holds the antenna on and you may have to lower the headliner a bit to get them out.

Good to know the location, those are the fakra connectors.

• 10 months later...

Thanks for the info. If it wasn't for you, I might have convinced my wife that I couldn't do it.  Instead, she insisted that I remove the antenna so she could replace it with a red plastic shark fin. Great. Now instead of a happy husband with music on FM and sports on AM, she is a happy wife with a fake fin stuck to the top of the car. Awesome. :-/

On 4/10/2017 at 10:57 PM, Russ and Jo said:

Thanks for the info. If it wasn't for you, I might have convinced my wife that I couldn't do it.  Instead, she insisted that I remove the antenna so she could replace it with a red plastic shark fin. Great. Now instead of a happy husband with music on FM and sports on AM, she is a happy wife with a fake fin stuck to the top of the car. Awesome. :-/

Get a windshield antenna.

• 10 months later...
On 4/11/2017 at 8:27 AM, Russ and Jo said:

Hi, I guess your spark too have antenna on front roof. Can you share some pics of shark fin you added, I am little concerned about look of shark fin on front roof? And also, how's reception after replacing it, since bigger antenna have better reception?

Actually, I want to replace my whip type antenna with internal one but found no dummy piece which can cover the hole in roof so thinking to put a shark fin antenna.