I just bought a used 2013 Chevy Spark, and, for some reason my front, driver's side blinker doesn't work when the headlights are turned on. The bulb works because it will flash when I hit the remote to lock or unlock the car. The blinker works when just the headlights are on (they come on automatically when the car is on). But when I actually turn the headlights on and they and the yellow lights are supposed to light up, the light stops working and the blinker won't work either. I checked the fuse for the light and it seems fine, I also tried changing the bulb just in case. What else could it be? Any help would be appreciated. I'll be paying on this car for a while, so it would be nice if everything worked.

I just bought a used 2013 Chevy Spark, and, for some reason my front, driver's side blinker doesn't work when the headlights are turned on. The bulb works because it will flash when I hit the remote to lock or unlock the car. The blinker works when just the headlights are on (they come on automatically when the car is on). But when I actually turn the headlights on and they and the yellow lights are supposed to light up, the light stops working and the blinker won't work either. I checked the fuse for the light and it seems fine, I also tried changing the bulb just in case. What else could it be? Any help would be appreciated. I'll be paying on this car for a while, so it would be nice if everything worked.

Anything beyond the bulb or fuse, which you already checked, could be messy. It could be anything from a bad socket, a loose wire, a switch, to a bad stalk. If you are handy with a VOM, you could try to track it down, but your best bet would be to take it to the dealership where you bought it, and let them deal with it. Messing with the electrical system could take you to places, that you don't want to be. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Did you replace it with a double or single filament bulb? You need a double filament bulb.

When you click the remote, the parking lights flash, not the signal lights, and since you have a 2013, the lights that come on automatically are the DRLs (auto headlights didn't start until the 2014 model).

Easy test - take the bulb from the working side and see if it works in the nonworking side.

If it works, it's the bulb.

If it doesn't, you know you have a bigger problem.

Good luck! :)

Edited by Gossamer

buying it from any dealership they're required to sell you a street safe car. The blinker not working isn't safe. They have to fix it for you.

I'm totally with Skids on this one and Gossamer has the tech thing correct. Just having bought the car, I wouldn't even bother switching or replacing bulbs...unsafe car needs to be fixed by dealer..warranty or not. Now if you bought that privately..well yer on your own and the info posted by Gossamer should help..if not just take it in to a mechanic and have them check that out..most likely one of the two filaments is burnt out and you replaced it with a single filament lamp..your owners manual will have the correct GM code for the lamp. (7444NA is the GM bulb you need)

I bought it from Hertz, so hopefully the same rules apply. I'll try switching the bulbs around and see what happens, but I really don't think that's the problem. I bought 7444NA, which is what it said to use. I'd really like for it not to be an electrical issue, but if it is, I'm gonna raise some hell.

I bought it from Hertz, so hopefully the same rules apply. I'll try switching the bulbs around and see what happens, but I really don't think that's the problem. I bought 7444NA, which is what it said to use. I'd really like for it not to be an electrical issue, but if it is, I'm gonna raise some hell.

Hopefully, it will be something as simple as a bulb, if not, throw it into Hertz's lap, it is their problem...

I agree it should be Hertz' problem to fix it, but I just thought of something else. :idea:

Does the driver's side rear signal work?

When you put the signal on, does the indicator flash or stay on steady?

I'm not sure if the Spark is like this, but sometimes if one (front or back) goes out, the other one won't work.

Since you seem to have bought the right bulb, is it possible it is the rear signal and not the front?

Just a thought. :headscratch: