Fog light mounting and switch?

Picking up my LS in the morning, it does not have fog lights and I don't think there is even a place to put a proper switch. I have a nice set of fog lights that I took off my trade in, just need to figure out the mount and where to put a switch that doesn't look like it doesn't belong. I've seen kits for sale that suggest they are the same as factory and one of those came with a new headlight switch stalk that had the fog setting on it. Just wondering if anyone has done any work on getting this rigged up and looking decent on these base models.

Anyone have any diagrams of how the fog light area comes apart?

The time I really need this is during winter when I'm always driving in the dark and often in snow at dark and I like lots of light to see where I'm going. The switch is the biggest issue, I should be able to make the mounts to fit the lights I already have.

Ok, I pulled some stuff apart, the stock wiring is not present so it will need to be added to the fuse block. The only place to mount anything in the stock position is the stock mounting points, and these couldn't be harder to deal with if they tried. I didn't pull the control stalk apart to see if there was an extra unused wire for the fog lights, so this may be one more difficulty with adding lights. Need to think about this a little more.

I sent a message about a kit I found on ebay, they also have these on Amazon and suggest they fit all models of Spark even though they look different to what I removed today and I didn't see anything that might have been fog light wiring anywhere on either side of the car.

GM# 95940389 fog light kit - requires programming at the dealer

http://www.amazon.co...9/dp/B009ERVHBG

I'll probably call my dealer on Monday and ask them how much for the kit and how much for the programming while I wait for the response from that other dealer. If anyone is local to Abernethy Chevrolet and wants to walk in and quiz them, please let us know what you find out.

Edited by Greg_E

The part number is correct but my dealer can't get it for a couple weeks so I ordered from ebay, no tax and free shipping too. Should be here by Friday and I hope to install them during the weekend, then just need to get it to the dealer for programming.

Light kit is here, no instructions! :banghead:

It is all plastic and no too impressive, I think the most valuable part is the new control stalk and the mounting locations so I can make a new bracket to hold my good Hella fog lights in the stock cover (with a hole cut in it). If I can get the instructions I'll do a build thread.

Got the instructions, I'll start a build thread when I get some pictures of each item and hopefully go through all the tricky spots to help the next person. It definitely needs to be programmed at the dealer, do not lose the authorization code!!!

Edited by Greg_E
  • 2 weeks later...