LT2 roof rails removal do you know how?

Actually the headliner is easy to remove.

Remove the sun visors

Remove dome light

Remove headliner clips center and rear

Pull back door frame weather seals

Remove or pull back A, B, and C pillar plastic.

Remove grab handles.

You can try removing the door frame weather seal and reach up inside first.

ya I guess not that hard just time consuming .. was hoping to go the cheat route and just pull back the sides and reach in, but its molded on to something worried about getting bent creases and such.. might just be worth getting a big tarp covering the whole car and cutting some holes lol. Thanks for the help :)

ya I guess not that hard just time consuming .. was hoping to go the cheat route and just pull back the sides and reach in, but its molded on to something worried about getting bent creases and such.. might just be worth getting a big tarp covering the whole car and cutting some holes lol. Thanks for the help :)

It's molded like that for the curtain airbags.

I would take them off but that's me seeing I have done many headliners. But for you pick up some plastic drop at a Home Depot in a roll. You can cover the car and tape down the sides. Then cut the holes and do masking.

I want to paint these without having to mask off the whole car. Anyone ever remove these or have an idea how to find instructions etc? I would think it couldn't be too hard. thanks

Just curious, why? Are you redoing them in silver, or going with a color?

ya probably going to go drop cloth cars tiny might be easier.

Walt, I found this clear reflective spraypaint. In addition to do the tron reflective pin stripe thing I wanted to make these reflective also instead of dealing with trying to cover them in vinyl, also thinking about spraying the front grill and back black plastic part with it. Ever since my accident I've been trying to make it more noticeable, and short of wiring leds all over the place i think this is the way to go plus it'll give it a cool custom look... hopefully.

ya probably going to go drop cloth cars tiny might be easier.

Walt, I found this clear reflective spraypaint. In addition to do the tron reflective pin stripe thing I wanted to make these reflective also instead of dealing with trying to cover them in vinyl, also thinking about spraying the front grill and back black plastic part with it. Ever since my accident I've been trying to make it more noticeable, and short of wiring leds all over the place i think this is the way to go plus it'll give it a cool custom look... hopefully.

Sounds cool, you should really stand out in the dark, post some pics when you get it done.

• 3 years later...