2013 Spark LS so far

So here's a few pics of my '13 Spark LS & what I've done so far to it.

15" RTX Halo wheels & Kumho PA31 195/50R15 tires

Custom 1-3/4" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler & chrome tip

DC Sports cold-air intake kit (very happy with this mod - both sound & improved throttle response!!!)

JET Performance mass air flow sensor

Pivot voltage stabilizer

Plasti-Dip covered front & rear Bowtie's

SpeedDawg shift knob & "cut-down" shaft

post-963-0-43035600-1439171800_thumb.jpg

post-963-0-30439800-1439171805_thumb.jpg

post-963-0-47078300-1439171811_thumb.jpg

post-963-0-51006000-1439171816_thumb.jpg

post-963-0-45759000-1439171821_thumb.jpg

Also purchasing this hood vent tomorrow & will install it on hood. Already set the template on the car & all the angles line up with the car's! Requires cutting 2 holes in hood & will vent both heat and incoming air out of engine bay. It'll be matte black just like my other mods too! Will post pics as soon as it's done!

post-963-0-68516800-1439172140_thumb.jpg

post-963-0-88032800-1439172145_thumb.jpg

So here's a few pics of my '13 Spark LS & what I've done so far to it.

15" RTX Halo wheels & Kumho PA31 195/50R15 tires

Custom 1-3/4" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler & chrome tip

DC Sports cold-air intake kit (very happy with this mod - both sound & improved throttle response!!!)

JET Performance mass air flow sensor

Pivot voltage stabilizer

Plasti-Dip covered front & rear Bowtie's

SpeedDawg shift knob & "cut-down" shaft

*Nice clean work all around! I think the 195/50R15 is a perfect size for this car and should give you a smoother ride as well as a little better overall vehicle appearance. The silver rim divider saves the black tire from blending in with the rim. I notice all your car underneath components look brand new as they are totally rust free. Clean job on the intake as well..the entire car looks very well looked after!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looks like I've found a good tuning option finally.... A company called Trifecta Performance offers a downloadable tune & the cable to do it with it - you just provide the laptop & the info on anything you've done to the car!

Here's a link: http://www.wot-tuning.com/forums/store/product/1913-2013-chevrolet-spark-12l/?_sm_au_=iVVVsJPWV07p6v0N

I found a local rep here in Tyler that does it so I won't need the cable & it's gonna be $300.00 for the tune. They claim 15HP & 10ft/lbs gained - not a lot on most cars, but when ya start with only 84 it's a good jump!!! Sure I'll need to run a higher fuel grade afterwards, but with my current 43MPG average I think I can suffer through that!

Once I get my hood vent in this week & installed (along with some paint work) I'll get the tune done & let everyone know how it turns out.

Finally got around to installing my hood vent.... Took a while & was pretty nerve racking cutting into a perfectly good hood like that!!! Would've liked it a tad lower, but I would'a had to cut out to much of the inner structure to make it work...

It is functional as the insulation & all is cut away to allow air to flow through it. Hope ya like!

post-963-0-37330400-1440697540_thumb.jpg

post-963-0-97985100-1440697543_thumb.jpg

Well crap.... Trifecta has removed the Spark form their supported vehicles list because their tune was for asian spec cars only & it was causing confusion with interested customers like me! Even the local guy had to contact them to verify the info.

So now I'm back to drawing board on this end of it... EFI Live still supports my car, but have had ZERO luck finding anyone that uses it for anything more than LS & diesel...

VIP's turbo package is supposed to come with software update so I'll have to wait & see once it's released in a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup..Definitely looks much better than stock. I am always amazed at how you guys/gals come up with these ideas and find the parts. I always admire people who like to DIY and are successful in do a pro looking job like this. Looks simple, but I bet there were a bunch of nasty clips and aligning stuff to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...