Trouble maintaining highway speeds

Hello. I purchased a 2013 spark 2lt on Saturday. I didn't test drive on the highway and turns out I should have. When driving at 60+ mph my little spark seems to have trouble maintaining speed. In order to maintain speed the engine revs to 5-6 on rpm scale, then coasts at that speed for a minute and starts to lose speed and I'll have to rev her up again. Is this a normal thing with a spark in general? I understand it's a 85 hp engine and wasn't expecting lightenin g speed but expected it to hold and maintain a speed.

Also having a very quiet rhythmic hillacopter sound when driving took it to the mechanic of the place I purchased it and they said that sound wasn't the breaks or the tires (all brand new) and he thought it was the transmission.

Thanks in advance.

Hello. I purchased a 2013 spark 2lt on Saturday. I didn't test drive on the highway and turns out I should have. When driving at 60+ mph my little spark seems to have trouble maintaining speed. In order to maintain speed the engine revs to 5-6 on rpm scale, then coasts at that speed for a minute and starts to lose speed and I'll have to rev her up again. Is this a normal thing with a spark in general? I understand it's a 85 hp engine and wasn't expecting lightenin g speed but expected it to hold and maintain a speed.

Also having a very quiet rhythmic hillacopter sound when driving took it to the mechanic of the place I purchased it and they said that sound wasn't the breaks or the tires (all brand new) and he thought it was the transmission.

Thanks in advance.

It does sound like a transmission problem, it is an auto, right ? Mine could cruise at 60+, all day long, no problem. Hopefully you have a warranty, keep us informed.

Earliest they could look is wednesday is some B.S. tell them it isnt safe to drive you guys sold me defective vehicle. fix it now and put me in a rental until its fixed. people have had this problem as ive read in other posts on this forum. check through the posts I think you'll find something about it.