MIchigan Sparks

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 8/29/2019 at 10:05 AM, Jim2029 said:

West Branch, Mi here... Just got a 2019 LS 5 Speed last week. Doesn't look to be too many of use around here that are active.

Dealers hide the Sparks in the back parking lots. Anyways that is where I found my new Spark 2017 CVT. Dealers don't like selling a low profit car to a customer who otherwise would buy a higher profit car.

I have driven so many new cars in my almost 80 years of life, but except for the 1964 Cadillac Eldorado coupe, this little Spark is more fun to drive. It has taught steering, it is peppy, can park in ridiculously small spaces, I can push it single handedly on flat surface (not needed so far except to move around in my garage) gas mileage is best I ever had, it has less rattles and more solid body and love the CVT for smoothness and gas mileage. Only item missing is a cruise control option, but I use my bigger HHR for interstate driving anyways.

Edited by Bobby MSME
  • 1 month later...
On 8/30/2019 at 7:53 PM, Bobby MSME said:

... Only item missing is a cruise control option, ....

I bought the aftermarket cruise control from Rostra. I installed it without cutting any wires as I tapped an unused power in the fuse box of an option for the heated seats. Works great. I had it installed in less than 10 minutes.

On 10/6/2019 at 6:37 PM, Jim2029 said:

I bought the aftermarket cruise control from Rostra. I installed it without cutting any wires as I tapped an unused power in the fuse box of an option for the heated seats. Works great. I had it installed in less than 10 minutes.

hey jim. would you recommend this aftermarket kit? one mechanic i asked said he has had wiring issues with aftermarket kits. I don't think he really looked into or considered the brand and the fact that you don't need to program it or anything. I saw some reviews of people who bought rostra's kits for other car makes and they complained of acceleration issues. As in their vehicle would drop the set speed suddenly and they had to reset it.

basically i'm asking if you have had any issues with it? thanks 

• 7 months later...