Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thirty-Nine

Who has the most miles/kilometers on their Spark?

9 posts in this topic

I got to wondering, who has the most miles or kilometers on their Spark? Anyone over 100,000 miles?

This is an interesting question that I have asked before with high mileage users also reporting on any issues and at what mileage the issue occurred. We have have about 52Kmi on the '13/4sp/auto/1LT and the only issue was the A/C not cold enough but cycling properly. resolved by upping the coolant pressure by 1.5-2lbs. Recall for the PCV of course.

Lots of longer trips at 80-90mph and driven hard. Conventional oil 5/20 burns almost none @ about 7,500 change intervals. No mods other than wider tires (205/50/15) for a softer ride. Idles very smooth and quiet for a 4cyl. Driven year round in a warm climate (South Florida area) which means the engine and tranny reach operating temp very quickly. Originally bought the car for my wife who spends a lot of time in the tight and busy Miami Beach area because it's small and handles well. Now I find myself using it more than my Impala ...Nuff said.

Any updates from Spark owners?

72Kmi and no issues on our 2013 1LT 4sp auto tranny. I drive it hard and fast. Used Eneos synthetic oil for most of those miles and 205/50R15 tires. Pads and rotors lasted 60K mi..

Edited by Retired old Gearhead

72,000 miles and running perfect on my 2013 5-speed LS.

SuperTech 5w30 every 5000 miles, Valvoline Synchromesh at 50k.

185/60r14 tires, averaging 42 mpg.

Airbox mod, throttle body half shaft mod, removed rear muffler, shortened gearshift.

I got 31k on my 2014 Chevy spark LS. I drive about 120-150 miles a day during the week.

2 week old 2014 291 miles

2014 Spark, and 86,600 miles.  Had to have the transmission replaced (warranty thank heaven), whatever holds coolant (sorry not a car person) went south and had to be replaced in November. Before that something with struts under the car. And just got done replacing the heater, at $500. Something about the fuse burning up and taking the heater with it.... Not happy. I am glad I kept my Honda Odyssey, with 266,000 miles it, for towing. It became my primary car again. I adore the little Spark - I always wanted one similar to this being a fan of the French Twingo - but I can't say I'm impressed with the build. 

i have 160k miles on my 2014  chevy spark. Been using full time for food delivery. Had to replace coolant tank twice. Now i'm starting to get slippage int he transmission. The Engine is not fully converting the power.