Air bag Light on

Air bag light on in my nieces car, local Chrysler garage wants £300 approx just to investigate, they advise the wiring needs checking to see if any connectors or pins have come out, starting with the roof area left hand side of the car ( drivers side in US but as we are in UK its passenger side for us)

Has anybody got any advice I am told to disconnect battery which is understandable, also been told not to carry out any continuity checks with a multimeter, OK I get that to, so its just visual inspection I can carry out. Any hints on how to take the roof lining down or any hints at all, I have been told to look at seat connectors etc.

Any advice at all would be great my niece lives down South in Bristol she is bringing the car to me in Manchester later today so maybe some of this stuff might be obvious !!

Many Thanks in advance.

Sweetran

Seat sensors are activated by the weight of the person sitting on the seat and I assume she is over the 40lb activation weight. If the passenger side works, this is the sensor that is usually at fault for the light staying on. If both driver and passenger sides are not working there is another problem. Not sure of the location of the sensor but there is a box with connectors under the seat. Make sure all are connected and maybe 're-seat' them by disconnecting and re-connecting them. If that fails to fix the issue, try disconnecting both the battery connectors overnite. If that fails and it is not under warranty, they will have to diagnose and repair. Best to have it done at a GM dealer as they have the diagnostics for their proprietary system. Hope this helps you with the basics.