license replacement bulbs compatible part numbers?

owns manual says W5WLL spent 15 minutes at pepboys looking couldnt find anything called that so there must be compatible other bulbs with different numbers. I got some back up leds #921 that also say 194 on the box and they fit and lit up in the LP bulb holders. read on a cadillac forum 194 is the number to used on LEDs for the W5WLL. anyone heard or tried anything else that works? i do want to put LED bulbs in for the color.

Side note replaced the head and fog lights with sylvania silverstar ZXE's and they look great clean white which is what i wanted no blue or yellow tint. nice and bright too. one of the fog lights exploded however so waiting on the replacement bulb.. use gloves like the instructions say.. the box looked like it was returned so maybe someone else got em greasy.. be careful.

so i put these guys in, you can find them at basically every autoparts store (pepboys, autozone, oriellys) for about $12

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PIL0/IL194W9/N0383.oap?ck=Search_N0383_-1_-1&pt=N0383&ppt=C0335

They look good pretty bright and white for license plate lights no blues or yellows cheap and easy. taking the screws out to get the bulbs was a bitch though, ending up drilling bigger holes to make install easier

so 921 (reverse light part number) 194 fit. I would not use these for reverse lights though. I originally installed them as such and they're not bright enough and look blueish in the taillight housing. I have some new philips bulbs on the way for the reverse lights will post when the come in.

I got these philips

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-129666000KX2-XtremeVision-Interior-Exterior/dp/B009NOZ4RI

originally for the license plate and they suck! plus they're expensive! they have one focused led beam, its not bright and it has blue and yellow tint rays looked ugly and weird

should have the back up bulbs by friday so ill post some pics of all of the new bulbs (replaced head and fog lights too)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...