I'm only getting 23 MPG city miles is that about normal???

You really should be getting more, but with only 200 miles, give it more time. I live in an extremely congested city environment, and I am getting 29-30 mpg, with an automatic transmission. Going by your region, weather shouldn't be a factor. Read your owners manual, regarding setting your information center properly, make sure your tire pressure is around 40psi.and give it another hundred miles or so, and it should pick up some, if it stays around 23, run it by your dealership, and see what's up.

I live in a warm climate..Miami and I always get around 23mpg in city and around 30-32mpg on the highway. Mind you I really push the car and constantly have my foot down in the city since drivers are fast around here. Highway I usually cruise around 75-95mph with lots of 'foot-to-the-floor' passing. Best I have ever gotten was 36mpg cruising at 70mph with a few foot down passes. This is with my 2013 4speed auto Spark. After just under 50Kmi of this kind of driving..Zero issues. A/C works good without the recall done and had the PCV done before it failed..so there is no damage from the PCV failure that quite a few others have...even after having it replaced. I am using 205/45/15 on the stock rims and keep them inflated exactly to 40psi to reduce the stress on the bearings & suspension when hitting bumps..also a much smoother ride with the 205's. Had the same gas mileage with the stock tires. The only reason the A/C cools well is that I had my Mechanic up the pressure by about 1.5-2 lbs when initially the AC was cycling and not cooling properly as was the reason for the recall I declined.

Oh ya..I know I could get much better mileage by driving in a less 'spirited' way..but I buy a car to drive it as I please and to get to my destination as quickly as I safely can.

ya something is really wrong or you're driving like a nascar racer, or youve go more traffic than LA freeways. I'm in a 14 cvt rental and driving it like i stole it still getting 32.8 with out trying.

reset all your .. what are called.. the number things that tell you your average mpg and stuff.. when you drive leave it on the instant mpg one so you can see where/why/how you get the higher number and where the low numbers are coming from..

are you driving with the a/c on full blast all the time?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...