getting a rental spark anything anyone want me to try?

well mine is a cvt and i have no problem with it just takes getting used to and figuring the best was to to drive it for performance and mileage.. dont have problems with my a/c either :)

Ok, then I'm out of questions for now. I forgot you have a 2014.

:) no problem.. the rental has i think it was 37k+ miles on it and is a 2014 with the cvt.. LT2 also if that matters.. drives great.. it is all stock intake and that and I think it drives a little better than mine.. maybe.. (i'm also driving it hard like it don't do on mine) i'm glad to see with that many miles on it and being a rental that im sure get driven like they stole it that it is still running great. also discovered a little trick to get better sound out of these crappy stock speakers will post a new thread for that

For typical use, completely stock usually far outdoes aftermarket. Star far away from suspension, brake, steering, or tire mod, with the exception of tires only. the crappy tires on the Spark aren't worth much. Stay completely away from lowering the suspension, or going with Ghetto rims. The Spark is a barely tolerable car. It is not a Miata. If you want a Miata, buy a used one and love it for what it is, and accept it for what is not. You are not going to turn a Spark into a Miata, but are very likely likely to kill yourself in the process.

The Spark had a very serious very early on problem which destroyed a lot of engines before GM had any idea. It was actually a combination of problems. First was GM's line about keeping the oil level "between" the empty and full marks and it will be fine. Somewhere on a small block Chevy about 40 years ago, you could have probably done that and gotten away with it. No anymore. Used to be that the reason oil got low was a leak somewhere. Then PVC systems were installed. While these were designed as an emission control device. Back when these came out the crankcases were full of oil mist and water vapor, unburned fuel, and a number of things, just waiting to make sludge. But the problems with this was they did not get rid o it into somekind of a drain tank, like modern motorcycles do, they sucked it right back into the engine. Great idea until the "put" it back in part came along. Yes, you did actually did did some of it out. An engine needs 100% clean oil Especially a VVT engine like the Spark (which the engine din't need any way) just something else to go wrong it did, when dirty oil plugged up the tiny oil hole in the hydraulically operated damper. To me there is no "light 'operating" schedule on a car like the Spark. Whether you are cruising the freeway or driving local city streets, it's ALL Heavy Duty use, and the oil should be changed ever 3000 miles either way The Spark is borderline as a car engine no matter how you think you yes it

After all these years of problems, if you have a new 2015 Spark, treat it gently (in town, and don't exceed 60 mph on the highway, and change the oil every 3,000 miles.

I rented a Spark CVT ( and all was good) But I found horror stories everywhere. I wound up buying a Sonic. Upscale model I thought, real automatic, and half made in the U.S. Transmission went out at 11,000 miles. I made a surprising discovery. Even the real automatics could not be rebuilt by the dealer. They had to order a new one. About a year later, I started to hear clunking sounds in the driveline. The CV points seem to be fine, so I decided to put new fluid and a filter in the transmission. I went strictly by the book. I have a steep driveway, so I backed to car in there, jacked it up in the front up and used jackstands till it was completely level. I removed the pan, and almost no fluid came out. I pulled the filter, still no filter. So I put it back together, new filter, new pan gasket, and poured almost 2 gallons of fluid into it, before it started coming out the drain hole. Less than a week later I had my 47,000 mile Miata. I am fed up with the junk GM builds, and I will not buy anymore of it

Oh, I did just buy a 1977 Camaro from a local AZ town called Bisbee. Body and chassis are beautiful. No rust and completely straight. This was from a time when GM didn't build junk. And I can guarantee no new GM parts will ever go into it. I already have a Dart block based 383