2016 Chevy Spark Interior Spied In Korea

Looks neat.

2016%20Chevy%20Spark%20Interior%20Spied%

from the article:

The first thing we notice is that the current model's motorcycle-inspired instrument panel appears to have given its place to an extended cluster that now includes a traditional tachometer. The flowing "V" dashboard design remains, but the styling looks a tad more mature, in accordance to GM's decision to give its next city car a more grown up and refined feel.

ehh.. mix feelings.. I like it, its looks more mature and clean (like they wanted) but it is a little boring and not unique like Ray said.. gave it a Sonic sterring wheel which probably mean the new sonic is getting this dash, or instrument cluster too, hopefully the put the the tach on the right side for the manuals as it appears here your arm is going to block the only part of the cluster you need when driving stick.. i do miss that little warning light thing in the middle of the top of the dash thats where i rest my cell phone :)

• 3 weeks later...

To me by far the most important styling detail on the Spark was the hidden rear door handle. I would never have considered it otherwise. I am sick to death of 4 door cars. The hidden rear door handle helped a lot with that problem. I really can't see GM bringing back the Spark name for a new model. They've totally destroyed it's reputation with the current model. They dropped the Aveo, and it was a far more reliable car for transportation than a Spark. But word got out that it was a lemon, and once that happens, it's the end of the line.

To me by far the most important styling detail on the Spark was the hidden rear door handle. I would never have considered it otherwise. I am sick to death of 4 door cars. The hidden rear door handle helped a lot with that problem. I really can't see GM bringing back the Spark name for a new model. They've totally destroyed it's reputation with the current model. They dropped the Aveo, and it was a far more reliable car for transportation than a Spark. But word got out that it was a lemon, and once that happens, it's the end of the line.

The 2016 redesigned model of the Spark, according to GM will be called...wait for it...."2016 Spark". I have almost 50Kmi on my 2013-4sp-auto and have had zero issues. Even the common A/C issue was resolved in the first week of ownership by having my mechanic up the pressure by a bit. so..if the car is generally a lemon, is mine a rare exception? I don't think so as I drive it hard and it still idles so smoothly and quiet, I cant feel or hear it when stopped at a traffic light. My only concern is that a few owners on this forum have reported early wheel bearing failure that can be a costly issue...oh, and I like the 4 door. Why not..makes it easier to get into the back seats or stow stuff in the back. Right? I like the redesigned look of the 2016, but I have never cared what a car looks like as long as it has the features I need. Only reason we bought the Spark was because it was small and handled well and although exercise is good, it is nice to be able to find a nearby small parking spot only a small car can fit in to on a hot Miami Beach day! If a fussy old bugger like me likes the car, well, it can't be all that bad...