• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I added the dome, trunk, license plate, and backup LED Philips bulbs from Pepboys. They all work great! Going to do the fog lights next. Replaced the headlight bulbs to a xenon halogens.

Do you find the dome light brighter with the LED's?? I have LED's in my Rover interior lights..factory, so I have nothing to compare...the Rover is brighter than the Spark, but there are a number of LED bulbs involved..I'd like a brighter dome light on the Spark so I can find stuff my wife has previously lost after a shopping trip to Miami Beach and with the stop and starts out there the stuff she has on the passenger seat fly's off and rolls all over the place and somehow it's always my fault she can't find her stuff because the dome light is not bright enough...and, yes, I have asked her to tie the bags or use the trunk. :gaah:

Thanx Roberto..front is all I needed to inquire about..I will get brightest LED I can find for front dome...The Rover has Led's..factory.. and is bright from front to back. But the Rover was a 'bit' more expensive but a bugger to park or turn in a tight area...Fast and quiet for long trips..but basically a boring to drive car.

• 10 months later...
On 07/06/2016 at 7:31 PM, Retired old Gearhead said:

Do you find the dome light brighter with the LED's?? I have LED's in my Rover interior lights..factory, so I have nothing to compare...the Rover is brighter than the Spark, but there are a number of LED bulbs involved..I'd like a brighter dome light on the Spark so I can find stuff my wife has previously lost after a shopping trip to Miami Beach and with the stop and starts out there the stuff she has on the passenger seat fly's off and rolls all over the place and somehow it's always my fault she can't find her stuff because the dome light is not bright enough...and, yes, I have asked her to tie the bags or use the trunk. :gaah:

I installed the 6*4 cob LED in dome. Its really brighter than stock. But mine is  a cheap Chinese one so it started dimming as one after another LED dots are going off, currently only 9-10 dots from 6*4 matrix are live. I will replace with a good one and will update later.

• 2 years later...

The 6*4 COB LED last very less time. Replaced that with 48 SMD LED matrix (6*8). It's really bright.

I tried some LED festoon bulb, straight swap with OEM, those are brighter than OEM. But after using this 48 SMD LED matrix, I didn't changed.

Other LED change are T10 in license plate. So far I did it at non-critical one only. Changed the T10 for parking but after turning headlight combination of white and yellow doesn't look good so back to halogen.

I need to dig pics of license plate and dome, will update later.

IMG_20190216_182804874.jpg