Acceleration issues

Today my daughter drove the Spark to school, as she does most days. Twice during her ride, after stopping at a traffic light, she had trouble accelerating from her stop. She mashed on the gas pedal and the car moved very slowly up the slight hill. (The second time it happened was on a flat road). Has anyone experienced this issue? The car is an automatic transmission, 2013 model with about 8,000 miles.

Today my daughter drove the Spark to school, as she does most days. Twice during her ride, after stopping at a traffic light, she had trouble accelerating from her stop. She mashed on the gas pedal and the car moved very slowly up the slight hill. (The second time it happened was on a flat road). Has anyone experienced this issue? The car is an automatic transmission, 2013 model with about 8,000 miles.

I had a similar problem shortly after taking delivery of the car, about two years ago, I restarted the car, and the problem was resolved, and never happened again. I mentioned it to the dealer, and he claimed it was similar to rebooting a computer. If it should continue, then it would merit a trip to the dealership.

Mine did it while the car was coasting. When I hit the go pedal, nothing happened.

But like Walt said, when I restarted it, it was working again.

I have had a couple of other intermittent tranny problems (severe hesitation, loss of power), but they seem to go away after a restart.