Hello,

My name is Bernd and i am from Germany.

I have my own business and develope automotive electronics, specially for GM.

I have read, that some of you are searching for a possibility to add a backup camera to your sparks.

I recently devevoped a device supporting this feature for the Opel Adam (which does have the same typ of Radio).

I also developed a special GM Bluetooth Dongle, allowing a lot of functions including all GM specific Faultcodes read and delete.

Maybe this is interessting for some of you.

Cheers

Bernd

Hello, and welcome to the forum! I personally would be extremely interested in any equipment you have developed for the US version of the Spark, I am sure other members would be also. Maybe some will chime in expressing what would interest them. If you can, send a followup to the forum, being a little more specific on what you have, what you are anticipating on having, ideas, prices, methods of shipping, etc. Do you have a web site? If so, send a link. I'm sure you will generate some interest.

Hi WaltK,

Thanks for your answer.

I just setting up a business with my US Partner, who will set up a website. I dont want to make too much or too agressive advertisment.

First i will translate all the papers into English.

And i would love to send a follow up soon.

My american partner send out our first us module for the video and backupcam Interface to a tester, so we will soon know, if it works.

Bernd

Hi,

Yes, the ELM327 Devices are dirt cheap, but they are also very limited in features. The Devices i invented has also the ability to access the LowSpeed Bus and does understand the CAN-Bus native. The ELM devices all use only OBD Frames (mostly PIDs), thats a total different thing.

PID are like question and answer, so you have additional Frames on the Bus, and the PIDs are also pretty limited.

I can do all Device Controls, so with the App you have the possibility to Lock the car by voice command or open the trunk/window. Have the lights switch to the beat of the music and so on.

Also the GM Diagnostics of all ECUs (not only the few that do have OBD) on Highspeed and Lowspeed is possible.

The Dongle has the ability to autoconnect to the handheld device. So you will get a logbook of all your journeys(time,distance,with max.speed. avg. consumption, max hp,..) that you can export and analyse in excel.

But there are also functions that do not need the phone to be connected:

Custom ambient lights, when lock / unlocking the car, eliminate Faultcodes that come from changing a normal bulp to Led,...

Later this year we will add a free crash response feature, where the phone will send a automated crash response via whatsapp or Email to a custom receiver.

Its something different, and only for GM vehicles.

Edited by CANtronix

Hello,

Of course its not controlled over CAN-Bus directly,

The locking is controlled by the BCM, but i can say the BCM to Lock/Unlock the car, or open/close windows.

Please show me one Dongle that is not a ELM327 derivate.

OK just found the OBDLink MX, but that is still only doing PIDs. On the Screenshots from their App in the Playstore they still talk about "Manufacturer defined" Fault Codes.

Bernd

Edited by CANtronix
  • 2 weeks later...