I'd like to get one as well, I've looked at aftermarket units, but I really would like to get one that would display on the Mylink screen. We had one guy from Canada post that he ordered one on his Spark as an option, and they are also optional on some of the European models. One thing for sure though, if GM does come out with a retro fit, it will cost mega bucks.

I'd like to get one as well, I've looked at aftermarket units, but I really would like to get one that would display on the Mylink screen. We had one guy from Canada post that he ordered one on his Spark as an option, and they are also optional on some of the European models. One thing for sure though, if GM does come out with a retro fit, it will cost mega bucks.

I have looked into those too,just don't know if I want to tackle getting the wiring run through the hatch to the main body. Looks like it might be a real job.

I've been looking at wireless cameras that only need to be hooked to power at both ends (camera and receiver), but the receivers seem to be small (around 4 inches), and I haven't seen any good reviews of them.

If you do an eBay search of "wireless back up cameras" you'll see what I mean.

Edited by Gossamer

Running a back up camera is not a big job - not any more difficult than running RCA's and power wire for amps.

Everything is snap-off, and a maximum of 60 minutes of work.

Its a little more Nathan that if you mount tghebcamera in the normal position above the license tag. You then have to route the wires up through the hatch, through the rubber grommet to the main body of the car and then route the wire to where they need to go in the main body. If you get one that is wireless you only need to connect a ground wire and wire to the back up lights to power the camera when in reverse. The monitor up front can either be wired permanently or plugged into your power port. I have seen some on EBay with 7 inch monitor screens, but those were not wireless.

The wireless option would be a lot simpler to install. I'm thinking aesthetics, the 7" mylink screen, then I have a 4.3" GPS screen, there is no way I want to slap another screen on the dash/windshield. I've kicked around the rearview mirror monitor, but in most of the reviews, people complain that the mirror has sort of a hazy effect, as if it had a film on it. The mylink screen would have been great, but.........................

The wireless option would be a lot simpler to install. I'm thinking aesthetics, the 7" mylink screen, then I have a 4.3" GPS screen, there is no way I want to slap another screen on the dash/windshield. I've kicked around the rearview mirror monitor, but in most of the reviews, people complain that the mirror has sort of a hazy effect, as if it had a film on it. The mylink screen would have been great, but.........................

Would be nice if some of the GPS devices had an input for a backup camera built in.

I have a Garmin with a 7" screen, Its very easy to see.

Edited by Angrybird12

I Have just finished installing a rear view camera and mirror display on my spark , The video displays on the rear view mirror on a 4.3 inch panel and the camera is mounted neatly beside the number plate lighting.

As far as the install goes, definetly not 60 minutes!! , unless you do a really crap job , i mounted everything profesionally and with no wires visible etc and it took me about 6 hours.

I will post up some pics of the finished product a bit later if anyone is interested.

I Have just finished installing a rear view camera and mirror display on my spark , The video displays on the rear view mirror on a 4.3 inch panel and the camera is mounted neatly beside the number plate lighting.

As far as the install goes, definetly not 60 minutes!! , unless you do a really crap job , i mounted everything profesionally and with no wires visible etc and it took me about 6 hours.

I will post up some pics of the finished product a bit later if anyone is interested.

6 hours?! It does not even take that long to fully wire a Spark neatly for amps and new speakers. Even the local dealership says roughly 60-90 minutes when installing that piece of equipment.

I would like to see your install, if you can post some pics.

Some pictures with model numbers of what you bought and a diy install would be great.

Hey Guys, sorry i dont have any pics of the install process as i was too focused on just getting the thing done, yes it could take less than 6 hours but i would prefer to be thorough with my installs and cross check and double check everything. I actually import these bad boys into Chile as well as other products like DVR Cameras and aftermarket rims. if you guys have any Qs about the reverse camera let me know !

post-1951-0-29494100-1421002142_thumb.jp

post-1951-0-13921000-1421004077_thumb.jp

post-1951-0-59438600-1421004097_thumb.jp

post-1951-0-01197200-1421004107_thumb.jp

post-1951-0-52041900-1421004123_thumb.jp

post-1951-0-72819300-1421004136_thumb.jp

Hey Guys, sorry i dont have any pics of the install process as i was too focused on just getting the thing done, yes it could take less than 6 hours but i would prefer to be thorough with my installs and cross check and double check everything. I actually import these bad boys into Chile as well as other products like DVR Cameras and aftermarket rims. if you guys have any Qs about the reverse camera let me know !

Is the camera a wireless unit and does the rear view mirror replace the existing one or does it just clamp on to the factory mirror?

Hey Angrybird , The Mirror simply clips onto the existing mirror, clip on mirror is relatively thin so it doesnt look chunky or bulky

Camera is not wireless as i have installed wireless in the past and found that there is some slight interference with the wireless signal at times , also there is very minor lag with the video signal when you engage the reverse gear to show rear vision video. .

Hey Angrybird , The Mirror simply clips onto the existing mirror, clip on mirror is relatively thin so it doesnt look chunky or bulky

Camera is not wireless as i have installed wireless in the past and found that there is some slight interference with the wireless signal at times , also there is very minor lag with the video signal when you engage the reverse gear to show rear vision video. .

Thanks, now for the biggie,could you describe the routing you used to get the wiring from the back to the front and where did you tap into for the power?