Update to Greg_E's Driving Light Install Instructions

All

I just finished installing the driving light install. Lights from Amazon and instructions from Greg_E's writeup. I just thought I'd make several observations about the installation.

First, it is a pretty easy installation if you go step-by-step. There is nothing hard or that requires any special skills or tools. It took me about two and half hours, start to finish.

Second, if you're forcing something, you're not doing it correctly. Everything on the Spark comes off or goes back on without a lot of muscle.

Third, make sure you group all of the like fasteners together. I used an egg carton to make sure when I had all of the headlight screws in my hand, and they went someplace secure, rather than "over there."

Last, Greg_E's instructions were excellent. Follow them and you won't have any issues. I printed them out, complete with pictures, and kept them at hand. (One note - there are two different sized plastic fasteners and two different types of screws. Keep everything together as it comes off the car.)

All of Greg's instructions were for a 2013, but there are no changes for a 2014. My dealer (Chuck Nash in San Marcos TX) only charged 35 dollars to reprogram the computer. I went in with the Document ID that explained to the dealer what they needed to do. Knowledge is not only power, but often equates to cheaper prices.

Have fun.

Joseph

LDRider

2003 Honda ST1300A

2014 Chevy Spark

Assorted other stuff

I did not receive installation documents with my fog light kit. Can someone please post them on here. My dealer is trying to charge me $200+ to program my BCM.

The only thing I received is one page that states PN 95940392 sheet 1 of 1. on it, it states that "some accessories may require vehicle reprogramming to complete the installation." And "See your dealer for additional information." my dealer is not being of much help.