Chevy Spark Climate Control

• 2 months later...

Have a 2014 Spark LT1 CVT and have just had the most recent recall done (hood latch). Had the a/c recall done last fall, so no really hot weather until today. It hit 91 (south Florida) and sure enough... stopped at a light and a/c ran cool. Accelerated from the light and it blew colder (but not real COLD). Have to aim all vents at me (thankfully no on else in the car) and fan on 3 or 4 just to keep somewhat comfortable. UGH! Back to the dealership again as it's not even summer yet. Last summer, just ran it on 4 and all vents aimed at me and work light clothing. Added darkest legal tinting, but didn't do much. I thought perhaps the fan was just too weak for such hot climate... but my old Geo Metro blew COLD with no problem. So, will keep y'all updated.

Also, after tire rotation, have a thudding/whirring in front driver's side wheel. Took back to dealer and mechanic said the tire was cupped from not having the tire rotated enough. 22,000 miles on it and this is the third rotation along with oil change as per OnStar and onboard notification... so... hmmmm? Said it didn't need an alignment. But treat is good, so don't want to get new tire... so will deal with it for now and just try to ignore it.

Mileage is good at 39 MPG in town and suburb and highway mix driving, level roads, some a/c. But have to use mid-grade gas or it bucks like a bronco and hesitates. Love some aspects of this car and disappointed with others... mixed bag... like a love, hate relationship and the car has a tendency towards being passive-aggressive. :doh:

A/C symptoms sounds like the A/C evaporator sensor is still not working properly and causing the compressor to cycle when it should not. As far as the "thudding/whirring in front driver's side wheel", to me that sounds like a bearing or CV joint issue, if the tire was "cupped" or out of round from whatever reason, you would certainly have some vibration at certain or all speeds. Noise is usually an early indicator of mechanical wear or damage and at 22Kmi you are still within the warranty period for front end issues. I would have that a little more carefully looked at before going on a road trip.