Consumer Reports is at it again

I agree Walt!...Consumers reports are OK with many consumer products like soap and toasters, but anything complex with a lot of variables in production, model differences etc..well...you get my drift... My 2013/auto was rated as, well, just plain bad...after over 75Kmi without an issue and others around here who drive pizza with some well over 120Kmi with no issues other than normal wear..what can I say other than in my opinion the '13 with the auto was the first and last good auto tranny Spark..the CVT's were not well designed and the posted issues show that. Mind you, a larger amount of '13's had production and parts inconsistent to spec due to some production issues and a shortage of parts during various production dates on the '13's..but if you got one built to spec with good parts..rock solid engine and auto tranny that is as firm as any car I have driven...only 2 serious issues popped up with the '13's...faulty PCV and poorly designed coolant tank....the tank issue is common among the '13-'15 sonic, spark and cruze..It's a small weak area of the tank at the bottom of the fluid return stem....so Yup.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of the small cars take a beating by these CR mags. Read the early reports 20 years ago on the Geo/Chevy Metro. Most reliable car I ever drove. With the simplicity of this new Spark I expect a

I haven't experienced any of the things they complained about. For a car it's size, my cabin is quiet, seats are comfortable and roomy, and it never really shook my kidneys. As far as complaining abou

I've spent a few days going through a lot of postings here on the forum, and with all due respect, it seems that you do most of the complaining over and over. It seems that you are trying to convince