Here is my post from 2/14.

Wow! Looks like the end result, if I hadn't got mine replaced, when I did.

I can't tell from the photo, but it looks like the pin came out of the end of the key, where it connects to the fob. Is that correct, or is it broke off?

I'm the only driver, so I took the new key they made me, and put it away. I am currently using the 2nd original keyfob that came with the car, and it's doing the same thing. I'll have this one replaced as well, when I get my oil changed next time.

It was about 11 months of use with both keys, til they loosened this way. Our Kia switchblade key has been used daily for almost 3 years, with no issues. :doh:

I've had a switchblade key on my Camaro for 2 1/2 years with no issues until the stupid key recall they did separating the key part from the fob and giving a regular key back along with the same fob. Maybe you can have the dealer cut you a regular key for it and program it.

Edited by Angrybird12

That's just great, what's the price of the whole shooting match? When I took delivery of my car, the dealer tried to sell me an insurance policy for the keys, I just laughed it off. I would think, it should be covered by your 3 yr.bumper to bumper, squeeze the dealer, for a new key/fob.