I hate the headrests on the Spark. For one you have to take them up or they are uncomfortable and another is they create huge blind spots, especially the passenger side rear and front ones. Has anyone thought of modifying their headrests to make them smaller? I will either do that or remove them completely.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Delcephous

The front headrest forces my head  forward, even when raised. This causes my neck yo hurt. Why are they leaning so far frontward? This is the main problem I have with my car. 

• 5 months later...
Guest Izzban

Just went to look at a Spark. Was interested until I sat in the driver's seat. 4 minutes later I was leaving the dealership in my old car. The forward angle of the headrest is a deal breaker. The head restraint pushes my head too far forward. I don't care if it makes it 3% better in an accident and raises the crash impact rating of the car since I won't buy that car at all. I imagine sales are dropping due to people with decent posture refusing to buy a car that forces you to slouch and rest your chin on your chest.

I have problem with rear seat headrests blocking some vision through the smallish hatch window. I should just remove them. The kids are grown up and gone, so back seat is used more for placing groceries, left overs from restaurants, beach chairs etc. I have no issues with front seat headrests. The front seats are more comfortable than my previous car.